Post by dkontod » Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm

I am using Opencart 3.0.2.0. When I try to retrieve an image stored in /image folder through image manager, I realize that I can retrieve, or upload images only in image/catalog folder. I cannot move to parent directory or retrieve images there.
Of course products that came with import process, having images in /image/data folder, work fine. But if I go and try to retrieve the photo, it's impossible to find it.

Post by printfly » Wed May 13, 2020 2:08 pm

hello,
if you have activate SEO Url could be a problem with photos name. Make names SEO url, no spaces, no comas etc.
Hope that this help you, i had same problem.

Location - Bucuresti

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 pm

dkontod wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm
I am using Opencart 3.0.2.0. When I try to retrieve an image stored in /image folder through image manager, I realize that I can retrieve, or upload images only in image/catalog folder. I cannot move to parent directory or retrieve images there.
Of course products that came with import process, having images in /image/data folder, work fine. But if I go and try to retrieve the photo, it's impossible to find it.
So what exactly are you trying to do and why?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by cyclops12 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:22 pm

You say "I am using Opencart 3.0.2.0. " then say "having images in /image/data folder"
I take it this is an upgrade then ?

Expert Member

Post by dkontod » Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 pm
dkontod wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm
So what exactly are you trying to do and why?
It is obvious isn't it? I am trying to use /image folder. I can only use /image/catalog.
Secondly, I have an old 1.5.5.1 store that has images in several subfolders in image folder, but none in catalog subfolder. The product pages display the images right, but if someone tries to change the image of some product, he realizes that he cannot any images loaded in the image subfolders, except catalog.

Post by sw!tch » Sat May 16, 2020 2:43 am

This is by design. Opencart 3.0.x uses the image/catalog folder as the root for the file manager.

You could easily append your image path from the database with the catalog prefix and then move your images into the catalog folder.

For example in the database your image path might look like:

Code: Select all

demo/htc_touch_hd_1.jpg 
you could just change to :

Code: Select all

catalog/demo/htc_touch_hd_1.jpg
Last edited by sw!tch on Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 am

You are probably best copying the images from the old location to image/catalog using you hosting control panel or FTP. Then changing the current product images to point to the new copied image, by doing a search and replace on the database or manually editing every product you need to.

You can see how the OpenCart upgrade does it here. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... #L137-L172

Other than that you would have to modify the admin/controller/common/filemanager.php and maybe a few other places. Find DIR_IMAGE . 'catalog/' or DIR_IMAGE . 'catalog' and change it to what you want. However, I would strongly consider the implications making such a change, as it could make a mess if done incorrectly.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom