I am using Opencart version 188.8.131.52 and I have an account with Braintree. When I try to enable the Braintree extension the following message is being shown: "There was a problem establishing a connection to the Braintree API. Please check your Merchant ID, Public Key, Private Key and Environment settings." I verified that the values entered match with the Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key provided by Braintree. I also tried to create a Braintree sandbox environment and entered the corresponding Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key, but the same message is shown.
I contacted Braintree regarding this issue I am having. First they told me to verify that values entered are correct. Then when even the sandbox environment did not work as well, they told me that the issue is coming from the cart. They checked some things from their end and confirmed that the Merchant ID is active and fine so the problem is from Opencart since the correct API keys are being used.
To tell you the whole story, I used to have a different set of API keys which were working fine. Then since the website did not have a transaction for a few months, the Braintree API was disabled automatically, so I had to re-apply for a new account with Braintree. This got accepted and a new set of API keys were issued. The problem is now arising when I use the new API keys but Braintree confirmed that the issue is not from their side as explained before.
Anyone encountered this issue before or maybe can provide some help on how to solve this?
Thanks in advance.
The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester
Hi paulfeakins, thanks for your post. I am referring to the PayPal (Powered by Braintree) extension which comes by default with the Opencart installation, I did not download it online and install it.
3.40.0 is probably best as 4.x could have breaking changes.
Backup your files and database, put into maintenance, etc.
Find your storage/vendor/braintree folder. Rename braintree-php to something like braintree-php-3.2.0.
Extract the new version into the storage/vendor/braintree folder. Rename braintree_php-3.40.0 to braintree-php.
Clear all caches.
The other options would be to upgrade to 184.108.40.206/6 or update via composer. Both likely to give you other errors to fix.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests