Post by rocketninjin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi there,
I have set up a product for normal customer with the cost $100, for wholesales users, the cost is $80. I logged in with the wholesales user account and purchase 10 same product it comes up $800, which is right, but when I try to update the quantity to 20 at the back end, the cost become $100@, total $2000.
Is there any some caculation from the OpenCart could not handle? or I need to void the order and ask the customer to reorder again?

OC Version: 3.0.3.2
Thank you.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:47 pm

rocketninjin wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 pm
Hi there,
I have set up a product for normal customer with the cost $100, for wholesales users, the cost is $80. I logged in with the wholesales user account and purchase 10 same product it comes up $800, which is right, but when I try to update the quantity to 20 at the back end, the cost become $100@, total $2000.
Is there any some caculation from the OpenCart could not handle? or I need to void the order and ask the customer to reorder again?

OC Version: 3.0.3.2
Thank you.
Sounds like the price is calculated based on the currently logged in user which is the admin if you're doing it in the back-end.

So I don't think it's the number, I think it's the fact you're editing the order.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by letxobnav » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Sounds like the price is calculated based on the currently logged in user which is the admin if you're doing it in the back-end.
This is kind of a silly statement as the front does not deal with logged in users but with customers.

The backend does incorporate qty discounts but it does so on the customer group id stored in settings, seems the backend does not set that to the value in the order or customer when editing on their behalf.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by rocketninjin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:14 am

Thanks for all the replies.

So there is not "proper" way to update the qty at the backend with admin login?
I need to login with the customer account or I need to update directly from the database?