Post by htwp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:23 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 pm
What about theme bigshop?

Do you have any in mind, but please just don't tell me to start with default opencart it is too too simple.
Almost any theme other than Journal3 looks better. You can quickly see the ugly and bloated look&feel of a Journal3 site.

The argument that a theme can be too simple is somewhat strange. Any complicated look&feel of a web theme will deter users.

A theme needs a clean and easy to navigate interface where the end user can come quickly to the wanted page or product. Bigshop looks better than Journal, and is way easier to manage judging by its admin demo.

If you can, try to stay away from the Themeforest or Envato Market sites, these sites are a bit dodgy, I know of past examples how they sometimes sell stolen software items.
So what everyone support here is stay with the default and start building with modules? isn't it the same like journal? if i need 20-30 extensions (i can name them if you wish, and they are all very important for the customer experience like one page checkout-credit card payment-fly out menu-better search and many more).

Its the main reason so many people buy journal.

I am not saying the opposite here but what can we do? Ofcourse next time i will do a better research on theme but besides themeforest i can't find any trusty site. 6-7 years ago i bought another theme and the developer didn't update it nor gave any support with some problems - bugs(?).

Any way i have seen many posts about journal i aggree with most of them(negative) but you know it's weird that almost everyone say its not good but they don't propose any other theme. Also most of the answers here are dont do this, dont buy this, this is not good but again no one propose any good solution.

Thank you very much.

Post by htwp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Our credo is "if your website looks better than your products, you are in the wrong business".
I like it... hahaha...