Post by Jax22 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi all,
I am having multiple issues with the checkout procedure now that I am working on testing it. They are as follows, hoping someone might know the cause of some / all of them:

Forcing customer to log in on checkout page when already logged in (Firefox Only):
This is kind of weird, but when I am logged in to my shop and go to the checkout page, while using firefox, it asks me to log back in. If I click on "My Account", it will say Register/Login, but if I click on log in, I am instantly taken to my account page without having to actually log in. This does not occur in Chrome. I am essentially unable to complete a purchase on Firefox as it refuses to recognize my account as being logged in, even if I use the login box provided on the checkout page.

"Use Different Address" not saving:
If I choose to ship the item to a different address than my own, I am able to enter all of the information and the Delivery Details tab closes and moves on to the Delivery Method tab. Upon reopening the Delivery Details tab again, it is not updated and still shows the original address, and trying to add a new address again shows only the unfilled fields (Details previously entered are gone).

Shipping Method Required?
I currently only have 1 shipping method enabled, which is flate rate ($5.00) however, on the checkout, when getting to this tab, most of the time when I press continue, it will say I need to select a shipping method - it's already selected, as it's the only method available! Every once in a while during my tests, it's allowed me to proceed, maybe 2 out of 20 times refreshing and trying again - no idea what could be causing this.

Thanks for any insights you may have.

Post by sw!tch » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Probably CORs and improper cache headers.

Link to your website? PHP version?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by Jax22 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm
Probably CORs and improper cache headers.

Link to your website? PHP version?
The site is running on PHP 7.4 ...
URL is https://townsendtoys.com - excuse the mess, it's pretty much a brand new install.

Post by sw!tch » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:38 pm

Most of this sounds like cache issues.

Try the cache header fix - viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737358

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by letxobnav » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:29 pm

yep, you are browser caching your html for 10 min.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:31 pm

I think the issue might be caused by this response header:

Cache-Control: max-age=600

See also this documentation.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Jax22 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:51 pm

That seems to have fixed my issues so far, thanks very much!