Post by tantadruj » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm

opencart 3.0.3.2
Theme Default

Hi,
i have read all about groups but i still don't understand how this works. as far as I understand, if a customer registers, he belongs to a certain group, but if he buys a product as a guest without registering, only the order remains behind him. so we can have by default only a “registered” group for those who register. But how can I group those who shop as guests? is this even possible? when you look at their order, they are assigned / marked the only possible group that exists, that is, a group that is "registered" even though it is not. of course, there are none in the "registered" group as a member, which is fine. manually i can not move it to another group even if I create a "guests" group because they are neither in the only existing group nor in any group. they are just in orders, and for group had "retistered" which is wrong.

thanks in advance for the reply.

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Customers do need an account in order to be among a customer group with default installation. However, you could look for an extension on the Marketplace to see what might fit to your requirements. If none of the extensions do fit the needs, based on your request, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support or contact a reliable Opencart partner from the Resources link at the top of the site to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:23 pm

Default is not logged in
If someone registers and you do not assign them to a group, they are default
If you assign them to a group then they are that group and the price which they pay / discount they receive is in accordance with that group.
Otherwise they stay as default and pay whatever price is in accordance with default.

Default means default. So until they belong to a group, they are default.

I am not sure how else you want it to work, but it sounds like you want the word default to be guest and then you want the computer to work out which group a customer who registers should belong to? If this is the case you will require a modification with rules because a computer can not think as such, it can only follow instructions (on a simple level). Or maybe you want all registered customers to belong to a group?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by tantadruj » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 pm

I think I basically wanted to communicate (store data) with the unregistered, but of course they are not registered because they do not want further communication. therefore, it also does not record them. my mistake. I apologize.
i understood how it works while reading your post.