Post by AstromanNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 am

Hi Group,
So i've read many articles and just find myself getting more and more confused.
For some reason or another my Opencart 3.0.2.0 decided to stop sending emails to both Myself (admin) and the customers regarding new orders. Also it has stopped sending me contact form emails.
The only change that has happened was a switch in email address when I updated my domain. I am using godaddy and cloned my website to the new domain would this have affected the email from working?

My email host is Migadu and I can receive and send emails their no problem I am just not getting anything from my Opencart Site.

My website is
https://astroman.nz
The email I am using is:
Info@astroman.nz

I have tried the following SMTP settings without any luck.

Hotsname: smtp.migadu.com
Username Info@astroman.nz
Port 465
Timeout 15sec

Hostname: smtp.migadu.com
Username: ssl://Info@astroman.nz
Port: 587
Timeout: 15secs

Hostname: smtp.migadu.com
Username: Info -(this works for thunderbird email so tried it)
Port: 587
Timeout: 15secs

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:59 am

Ensure crypto is enabled on your domain when using the SMTP port 587. Then, follow your cPanel's email instructions for SMTP settings.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AstromanNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:59 am
Ensure crypto is enabled on your domain when using the SMTP port 587. Then, follow your cPanel's email instructions for SMTP settings.
I have been through my SMTP setup from my email host and that's the first settings. I get this error.
PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.migadu.com:465 (Connection refused) in /home/laserlinx15/public_html/astroman.nz/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 87

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am

Please post a screenshot of your SMTP host settings and your OC admin email settings (both - without original email address and without passwords!)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AstromanNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:06 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am
Please post a screenshot of your SMTP host settings and your OC admin email settings (both - without original email address and without passwords!)

Settings are copied directly but I still get the error I mentioned in an earlier reply.

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:13 am

If you're going to use port 465 instead of 587 (not recommended), I would rather suggest to use port 587 with ssl:// in front rather than port 465. You could also add tls:// in front with port 587 noticing if it works but, so far, when comparing both screenshots, your OC settings don't match with your mail host's settings.

However, if you are going to use 587 (recommended), ensure crypto is enabled on your domain.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AstromanNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:13 am
If you're going to use port 465 instead of 587 (not recommended), I would rather suggest to use port 587 with ssl:// in front rather than port 465. You could also add tls:// in front with port 587 noticing if it works but, so far, when comparing both screenshots, your OC settings don't match with your mail host's settings.
In what way do they not match? I copied the details form my email host exactly (I didn't include the username or password in the screenshot)
However, if you are going to use 587 (recommended), ensure crypto is enabled on your domain.
How would I go about enabling Crypto on my Godaddy hosted domain? If you're referring to SSL I have an SSL certificate installed already.

Post by AstromanNZ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 am

Attempted these settings and I get this error. It shouldn't be this hard to set up email for Opencart right? I have the SMTP settings from my Mail Host. I copy them into the Mail settings on Opencart and I get errors.

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:54 am

AstromanNZ wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 am

Attempted these settings and I get this error. It shouldn't be this hard to set up email for Opencart right? I have the SMTP settings from my Mail Host. I copy them into the Mail settings on Opencart and I get errors.
That's because the issue isn't with Opencart. If you'd like, you could create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact a reliable Opencart partner to get your email settings investigated and added as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sw!tch » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:35 am

AstromanNZ wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 am
Try with tls:// instead of ssl://

You might need to reach out to your web host to help resolve this issue.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by letxobnav » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:54 pm

tls://hostname uses port 587
ssl://hostname uses port 465

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by AstromanNZ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 am

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:54 pm
already tried those combos and didn't work. might need to get a pro to set it up for me.

Post by sw!tch » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:44 am

AstromanNZ wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 am
letxobnav wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:54 pm
already tried those combos and didn't work. might need to get a pro to set it up for me.
Highly doubt you need a "pro" to setup your email. Contact your web hosting company, explain the error you are getting and that the mail configuration shown in your hosting control panel is not working when sending SMTP from your website.

If your web host for example uses CSF firewall with SMTP rules or is blocking outgoing SMTP connections, the domain/user may need to be added to a whitelist for external scripts.

Your web host is best to resolve this.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:37 am

Has this issue been resolved?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 am

Not according to your posts you haven't.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan