Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 pm
It is not good practice to consecutively block false / positive activities throughout the domain since those added entries in WHM are added to a filter list where these filters can be propagated in a way that eventually affects the domains' reputation which is exactly what invaders might be looking for especially at these hard times.
It IS a bad practice from the customer point of view. Sorry to disappoint again.
Still, hosting services do gather customers' demands in order to improve security on their platforms as well as for quality insurance.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am
Still, hosting services do gather customers' demands in order to improve security on their platforms as well as for quality insurance.
Still doesn't mean a good practice. I'm serious. Whenever I stumble upon a store, which doesn't even open for me, I think the owner is a moron of the worst kind. I would not want to buy something, I might just want to take a fkn look!

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:18 am

That's what's been said, it's not good practice.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alikhan99 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Cant we just ask visitor's location in the start? some food delivery apps do that. Based on visitor's location they display availability or restaurants etc.

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:54 pm

alikhan99 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:54 pm
Cant we just ask visitor's location in the start? some food delivery apps do that. Based on visitor's location they display availability or restaurants etc.
Locations can still be changed during checkout based on the check marked option in the form whether it's about the same or different locations between billing and shipping which is what I have also addressed previously. That doesn't change the fact that people can choose different locations on mobile unfortunately since Opencart will still provide, by default - out-of-the-box, the opportunity to customers to choose their locations whether it's the same or different ones while fulfilling their orders.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rahuljain1991 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi

I have an extension for this. you can restrict any country with that. and user visiting from restricted country will see a custom page.

Inbox if interested to buy.

Regards

Rahul Jain
IT Support - always available to help
My Opencart Extensions
Authentic IT Services - Web design and development
AIS MarketPlace

Post by letxobnav » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:59 pm

Instead of removing the countries, just exclude the countries from your geo zones, that produces an error message.
You might want to change that message to something like:
"We currently do not provide shipping to your location, due to....."

Code: Select all

$_['error_shipping']                 = 'Warning: Shipping method required!';
$_['error_no_shipping']              = 'Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please <a href="%s">contact us</a> for assistance!';
That does not pose a solution for downloadable products.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by alikhan99 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:13 am

Well there was no need to buy extensions and my question had nothing to do with covid-19. I simply wish to sell and deliver within my country only.
The advice to remove all countries worked, I just made my country default selected .. disabled and hide the country dropdown from all places. Now users can only select state. Had to go through lots of files to do that but i guess it solved the problem.
Thanks friends.

Post by rahuljain1991 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:39 am

i had the same problem, I sell Opencart extensions, services and added spare parts category as well to my store. i wanted to make physical product available within my country and digital product to be available worldwide.
This is how i did this https://market.authenticitservices.com/ ... duct_id=62 . At the moment it is controlled by SHIP TO drop down at the top.

Rahul Jain
IT Support - always available to help
My Opencart Extensions
Authentic IT Services - Web design and development
AIS MarketPlace