Post by johnmarcy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm

I know this has been asked before, for older OC versions, but I haven't seen any good answers. Is there any way, or any extensions, that allow you to assign Special to all Customer Groups when setting up individual products? I don't want to assign a global discount to customer groups. Only certain products are allowed by our vendors to be sold under MSRP. We just want the same price/special shown for all customer groups, whether logged in or not.

Why would we have different customer groups if we want the same prices for all? We use them for shipping, tax and payment options, not pricing. I can see the point of setting Special by customer group, but not having an "All" option seems stupid to me.

OC version 3.0.3.3 / Journal 3

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

why-no-all.png

why-no-all.png (23.67 KiB) Viewed 1944 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:10 am

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 am

Well, as a new OC + (paid) Journal User, you should be eligible for free
Support from the Theme Extension Seller. ;) This Place her is made for
free Code, commercial Applications should be handled with the Sellers:
https://support.journal-theme.com/
https://docs.journal-theme.com/docs/header/main-menu

Please don't send me OC Forum Personal Messages, just contact: jti@jacob.ch
---
OC 1.5.6.5 LIGHT Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/
OC 1.5.6.5 V-PRO Test Site: http://www.openshop.li/shop/
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
2'600+ FREE OC Extensions on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by biwebmaster » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 am
Well, as a new OC + (paid) Journal User, you should be eligible for free
Support from the Theme Extension Seller. ;) This Place her is made for
free Code, commercial Applications should be handled with the Sellers:
https://support.journal-theme.com/
https://docs.journal-theme.com/docs/header/main-menu
I could not get feedback from technical support.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am

Post by by mona » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:48 am

johnmarcy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm
but not having an "All" option seems stupid to me.
That is your prerogative .. however, it is not Opencart Default ( which I feel I must explain IS FREE for you to USE COMMERCIALLY !!!! ) and whilst this question has been asked before, not for a very long time and there is not extension I can find - so one has to presume you are in a minority for finding this useful. As such it would be a waste of valuable time to be developed when there are so many far more useful and necessary upgrades and functions to spent time on.

It should not be a difficult task if you request for quotes in the commercial section [ viewforum.php?f=88 ] people will contact you.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.


Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:13 pm

johnmarcy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm
Is there any way, or any extensions
If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 pm

You can quickly add specials for all groups and all products via database directly and then it will be easier for you to add specials for new products. This is a free solution, which requires some skills though.

You can also create a modification, which adds All Groups item and update all customer group group checks correspondingly. This solution requires even more tech skills and might worth investing in.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:13 pm

johnmarcy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm
I know this has been asked before, for older OC versions, but I haven't seen any good answers. Is there any way, or any extensions, that allow you to assign Special to all Customer Groups when setting up individual products? I don't want to assign a global discount to customer groups. Only certain products are allowed by our vendors to be sold under MSRP. We just want the same price/special shown for all customer groups, whether logged in or not.

Why would we have different customer groups if we want the same prices for all? We use them for shipping, tax and payment options, not pricing. I can see the point of setting Special by customer group, but not having an "All" option seems stupid to me.

OC version 3.0.3.3 / Journal 3

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
While Journal is not supported on Opencart.com, with an event model, this could be easily accomplished.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Try here looking into market place may be something already exist what you are looking at.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20discount

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:30 pm
Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:38 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:13 pm
johnmarcy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm
I know this has been asked before, for older OC versions, but I haven't seen any good answers. Is there any way, or any extensions, that allow you to assign Special to all Customer Groups when setting up individual products? I don't want to assign a global discount to customer groups. Only certain products are allowed by our vendors to be sold under MSRP. We just want the same price/special shown for all customer groups, whether logged in or not.

Why would we have different customer groups if we want the same prices for all? We use them for shipping, tax and payment options, not pricing. I can see the point of setting Special by customer group, but not having an "All" option seems stupid to me.

OC version 3.0.3.3 / Journal 3

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
While Journal is not supported on Opencart.com, with an event model, this could be easily accomplished.
Furthermore, an order total extension module could be created once the specials being assigned to all reflected customer groups from the OC admin so that the affected customers can see the specials being applied in their cart and checkout page.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Add a customer group called All, give it id 0 so it is easy to remember.
then change all product and special queries where it says:

Code: Select all

AND ps.customer_group_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_customer_group_id') . "' ...
to

Code: Select all

AND (ps.customer_group_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_customer_group_id') . "' OR ps.customer_group_id = 0) ...
Then set the products you want to be special for All, to customer group All.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by by mona » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 pm
Would it not be simpler to just use if ps.customer_group_id is greater than 0 ?

(You know I think your great, it is just a question)

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.


Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am

Post by thekrotek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Apparently, you can't create customer group with ID 0, because customer_group_id is auto increment field in customer_group table, which starts at 1.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by johnmarcy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 pm

I didn't mean to offend anyone by using the word "stupid" in my question. I apologize. I've been building websites for 25 years, and I've used at least 9 other ecommerce platforms, tested several more. One common thing in all of the other software I used, paid and free, is the regular price and sale price are right next to each other. And they apply to everyone unless you add an extension to break it up by customer group. OpenCart moved the Sale price to a Special tab. No big deal. And applying Special prices to individual customer groups is a great feature. But requiring the user to assign Special price to individual customer groups, with no All or blank option, increases my work to update prices by 7X. I know I can update prices in the database, but that is not a great solution for anyone in our organization but me. In my experience, that's just bad UX. After the thousand other reasons that make OpenCart a really nice ecommerce solution, this one issue can be improved to make it better, and I will suggest it to the developers.

Thank you for the other suggestions. Time to type a new mod. And I will probably submit it to the marketplace.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:10 am

Post by letxobnav » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 am

Apparently, you can't create customer group with ID 0, because customer_group_id is auto increment field in customer_group table, which starts at 1.
Apparently you are not the most inventive member, just create the group, go to your database, change the id in customer_group and customer_group_description to 0, done.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by by mona » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 am

You might understand the “defensive” language is that your refer to developers in plural .. whereas it is singular .. So think how much work that is. No-one is offended, but the apology is probably most welcome.

Yes there are lots and lots of things that “could” make Opencart better, it is not that your idea was not a good one, nor that it is difficult, just other things take priority.

Great if you create a mod and offer it for free to the world, but actually (and this is what people do not seem to understand) that doesn’t help Opencart. There is the conundrum. I believe Daniel deserves to make something from his work (have you donated using the link in the footer?) If everyone that downloaded Opencart donated $1, priorities could be more easily distributed .. THAT is what would make Opencart better !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.


Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am

Post by letxobnav » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 am

Would it not be simpler to just use if ps.customer_group_id is greater than 0 ?
No, because you can assign the special to a specific customer group or to All.
If you use ps.customer_group_id is greater than 0, it is always All.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:53 am

I believe Daniel deserves to make something from his work
With all due respect and I mean due, not really, that character is a narcissistic idiot.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fegdeed and 32 guests