Post by Jane Blonde » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 am

I need a way to set customers from the UK with different pricing in their own currency.

So on the main site I have a product that including tax costs $100 including tax

but on the UK site I need it to display £80 including tax.

This is not a automatic currency exchange but a completely different price for that region.

Can multi-site handle this?

David

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am

Jane Blonde wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 am
I need a way to set customers from the UK with different pricing in their own currency.

So on the main site I have a product that including tax costs $100 including tax

but on the UK site I need it to display £80 including tax.

This is not a automatic currency exchange but a completely different price for that region.

Can multi-site handle this?

David
Even with multistore, you will have to configure the region to charge the correct tax to the product.

Location - Worldwide

Post by Jane Blonde » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:40 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am
Even with multistore, you will have to configure the region to charge the correct tax to the product.
Thanks but that's not a problem, it's the pricing, can I have different pricing per store?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Jane Blonde wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:40 pm
Thanks but that's not a problem, it's the pricing, can I have different pricing per store?
No, not in a standard OpenCart. You should search the OpenCart marketplace fpr a suitable extension, or find a professional developer from the commerciual support section of this forum for a paid customization job.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by Jane Blonde » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks JNeuhoff.

I'll get onto the dev network now.

As an aside, if it's not possible to do this with multistore, what's the point of multistore, it sounds like it will just lead to duplicate content issues, what are the benefits other than reskinning a store front?

p.s. I love opencart, just wondering about multistore

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 pm

It can be done, even for a multi-store scenario. It would require a modification of the product model, to add support for your extra price field, along with corresponding modifications in the product controller and view, for both backend and frontend. As I said, if you can't find a suitable extension on the OpenCart marketplace, it would have to be done then as a paid customization work.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by Jane Blonde » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:20 pm

@JNeuhoff thanks, yes I got that and create a specification for a developer.

My 2nd question was more about the benefits of using a multi site for anything, but I guess there are some real world reasons.

David

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Jane Blonde wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:20 pm
My 2nd question was more about the benefits of using a multi site for anything, but I guess there are some real world reasons.
We've got several clients who use it, one with well over 10 stores and it works very well for them.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom