Post by JS92 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:54 pm

EDIT:

Can a mod delete this topic - I no longer need support.

Thanks
Last edited by JS92 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Error / server access logs.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by JS92 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 pm

DELETE
Last edited by JS92 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 pm

The PHP error log is sometimes error_log in your web root or admin. Or use <?php phpinfo(); ?> to find it.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by JS92 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:06 pm

DELETE
Last edited by JS92 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 am

JS92 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:06 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 pm
The PHP error log is sometimes error_log in your web root or admin. Or use <?php phpinfo(); ?> to find it.
This is the error_log: https://pastebin.com/cvSCQjWY

EDIT:

Update - no idea whats happened now but no longer can access admin panel and the SSH terminal also can not access server.

I'm going to delete the lightsail instance and redo it all over again, for the 10th time
Forbidden (#403)
Error, this is a private paste or is pending moderation. If this paste belongs to you, please login to Pastebin to view it.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by JS92 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:19 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 am
JS92 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:06 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 pm
The PHP error log is sometimes error_log in your web root or admin. Or use <?php phpinfo(); ?> to find it.
This is the error_log: https://pastebin.com/cvSCQjWY

EDIT:

Update - no idea whats happened now but no longer can access admin panel and the SSH terminal also can not access server.

I'm going to delete the lightsail instance and redo it all over again, for the 10th time
Forbidden (#403)
Error, this is a private paste or is pending moderation. If this paste belongs to you, please login to Pastebin to view it.
My bad, set to private instead of unlisted... it should now be viewable.

I have updated the pastebin with the current error log - I went through and setup a new install of opencart on a fresh instance of lightsail.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am

[Tue Apr 13 10:22:02.115298 2021] [ssl:warn] [pid 1572:tid 139832189287296] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Tue Apr 13 10:22:02.124314 2021] [ssl:warn] [pid 1573:tid 139832189287296] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Tue Apr 13 10:22:02.125068 2021] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 1573:tid 139832189287296] AH00489: Apache/2.4.46 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.1.1d configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Apr 13 10:22:02.125094 2021] [core:notice] [pid 1573:tid 139832189287296] AH00094: Command line: '/opt/bitnami/apache/bin/httpd -f /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/httpd.conf'
[Tue Apr 13 10:24:49.597136 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1576:tid 139831250253568] [client 92.21.149.68:51072] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/system/library/log.php on line 22PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to create the cache directory (/opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/system/storage/cache/template/95). in
Certificate and folder permissions issue. Permission folders must be set recursively to CHMOD 0755 and unmodified CHMOD permissions via files directly. Also ensure that your storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder and that your server paths are properly configured from both config.php files.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by JS92 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:29 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am
Certificate and folder permissions issue. Permission folders must be set recursively to CHMOD 0755 and unmodified CHMOD permissions via files directly. Also ensure that your storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder and that your server paths are properly configured from both config.php files.
Thanks, I hate to be that person, but I'm not sure where to start with any of this.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 am

JS92 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:29 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am
Certificate and folder permissions issue. Permission folders must be set recursively to CHMOD 0755 and unmodified CHMOD permissions via files directly. Also ensure that your storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder and that your server paths are properly configured from both config.php files.
Thanks, I hate to be that person, but I'm not sure where to start with any of this.
Regarding the certificate issues, I would suggest to call your host about it. As for the folder permissions issue, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via PM, to get this solved as a custom job.

As an alternative, regarding Opencart installation, see this documentation for more information: http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/installation/ .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm

JS92 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:29 am
Thanks, I hate to be that person, but I'm not sure where to start with any of this.
In that case you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Guru Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paulfeakins and 37 guests