Post by answersun » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 am

Hi,

I developed my Opencart website v3.0.3.7 with eMarket theme in my localhost and everything worked perfectly. However, when I upload the website to my hosting server, the live version doesn't show any category / product image (the other images are all showing fine), as you can see in the following image

What's weird is that the server and console doesn't log/show any error message, I've checked the database and the url of the images of categories and products are all correct, and all the folder and file permission are correct as well. I've tried with 2 different hosting service (fastcomet and hostinger) and both have the same problem, and the support teams couldn't figure out the reason either.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason?

https://kwm.pt and https://igogol.shop/kwm

Best regards

Post by thekrotek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:01 am

Your product thumbs are replaced with base64 encoded 1x1 px transparent image. Contact extension developer or ask a 3rd party developer for commercial support.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by answersun » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:01 am
Your product thumbs are replaced with base64 encoded 1x1 px transparent image. Contact extension developer or ask a 3rd party developer for commercial support.
Hi @thekrotek, thank you for the reply. Do you know why and how they are replaced with base64 encoded 1x1 px transparent images? In my localhost everything works as expected, uploaded the exactly same version to live server and this weird issue occurred. I have several other opencart websites (older version) in the same hosting services and never experienced such issue.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:45 am

Like I said, contact theme developer or hire someone to debug the issue.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by answersun » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:00 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:45 am
Like I said, contact theme developer or hire someone to debug the issue.
I have figured out why the images were not showing, it's because I have the image folders with Portuguese special characters (something like "ç", "ó", "á" etc).
Since I can access the images files directly with their urls in browser, it means my hosting is able to handle these special characters, however opencart doesn't, is it correct?

Edit: in my localhost everything is working as expected, so it's should be the serve side problem, I'll contact them to see if it's possible to support these special characters in folder / file names, otherwise I'll have to avoid using these characters.