Post by safa-blm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello everyone,

As the title suggest, some orders has been created and the customers has paid, I was lucky that the payment method is storing the name, email, phone and order id.
I made a real order test with real payment and it went successfully.
I did checked the error log and found this on the same date when those unlucky orders has been created:
(The numbers 339, 340, 341 ... are IDs of customers here their order is not saved.)

[*]Check the error loge here - https://pastebin.com/EQv2R5M1

Any idea on what those errors means and why the customer is created but not their orders?
The problem has happened only in 30 and 31 March

Email settings:
Mail Engine: Mail
Mail Parameters:
SMTP Hostname: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Username: myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: ******
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Timeour: 5

Mail Alerts: Orders, Reviews
Additional Alert Email: my2ndemail@gmail.com

OpenCart Version: 3.0.3.2
Last edited by safa-blm on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Use a proper email service, stay away from gmail or hotmail etc.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by DBI » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm

There are a few things you could try:

- Switch mail engine to SMTP
- Ensure you're allowing less secure apps to connect in gmail settings.
- Make sure your server is authenticated with gmail:
https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Make sure your store email address is added to your gmail account (or use your gmail address). Many SMTP providers won't accept emails if the sender (the FROM address) isn't whitelisted.

DBI

Post by thekrotek » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Another thing you should do is NEVER EVER post your huge logs anywhere. Use services like Pastebin for this and provide a link!

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:28 pm

In General valid for all Webshops: one of the worst Ideas is to use a GMail-Address.
Why?
Well - for example, fakeshops using mostly email addresses from them.

What does that mean to the customer?
Image he is on the Website mysupadupastore.com
Now he is receiving Emails from donaldduck [at] gmail.com
What do you think now - very confident .. isn't?

I as Customer would no inform the Police.

You as Webshop owner can create as amyn email addresses you like for the Domain you own, in this case: mysupadupastore.com
Means, 10 seconds to create a email address like order [at] mysupadupstore.com and use the own servers SMTP (because of several reasons better than the native php-mail client).

Doing so, makes your live easier.
And bring some trust and confidence into your business (beside a real, paid SSL-Certificate and a few others things)

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by safa-blm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 pm
If that is the problem then I definitely I'll use GoDaddy mail.
DBI wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm
There are a few things you could try:

- Switch mail engine to SMTP
- Ensure you're allowing less secure apps to connect in gmail settings.
- Make sure your server is authenticated with gmail: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Make sure your store email address is added to your gmail account (or use your gmail address). Many SMTP providers won't accept emails if the sender (the FROM address) isn't whitelisted.
- I'm using Mail because SMTP wasn't working.
- Less secure apps are allowed.
- Captcha just enabled.
- I didn't understand what you mean
thekrotek wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Another thing you should do is NEVER EVER post your huge logs anywhere. Use services like Pastebin for this and provide a link!
I totally agree, main post edited.

Post by safa-blm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:28 pm
What does that mean to the customer?
Image he is on the Website mysupadupastore.com
Now he is receiving Emails from donaldduck [at] gmail.com
What do you think now - very confident .. isn't?
Our domain is linked to Google Workspace, so the customer get email from @mystoreurl.com.
Based on the previous posts I have doubts now maybe because I'm using gmail services

Post by OSWorX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:43 pm

safa-blm wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 pm
If that is the problem then I definitely I'll use GoDaddy mail.
Seems that your Business, your Webshop is not located in the EC (European Community).
Because if it would be, you should avoid to use any of those USA based services.
Why?
Because of the GDPR and missing legal contracts between the EC and USA (Privacy Shield is not valid anymore since last year).

Means for every EC-based business: either you have a valid Contract with such Service (GoDaddy, MailChimp, etc.), or you have to use your own server/service or a Partner located inside the EC (which needs also a valid contract).

And for every company outside the EC having business with European Citizens, the same is valid.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by DBI » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Regarding the advice to run your own mail server... the problem is that emails from self hosted SMTP servers are FAR more likely to be labeled as spam by pretty much every spam filter out there.

Add to that the IP you get assigned for your colocated or cloud server is likely to have been used for spam or hosting questionable websites in the past and is often on blacklists.

Running your own SMTP server is a great idea if you know what you're doing and have the time to deal with frequently tweaking things to get your emails into actual inboxes instead of spam folders.

For the average website owner, though, it's a terrible idea.

Instead you can use a 3rd party provider (even gmail) in the background to run your you@yourdomain.com email address. Then you get the best of both worlds. Customers see and reply to your domain email and you don't have to learn to be a server administrator, so you can focus on running your business.

DBI

Post by OSWorX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 pm

DBI wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:45 pm
Regarding the advice to run your own mail server...

.. and you don't have to learn to be a server administrator, so you can focus on running your business.
True words!
"Focus on Business"means also operating a "managed" server and not fiddeling around on CPanel with settings the account owner does not understand not knowing what he is doing.
Business means also to be serious, and use the best I can get.

"I am not a server admin" > why are you operating your own self managed server?
"I am a business man" > that's why I leave the administration up to someone who understand his job.
"I am wether a server admin nor a business man" > better not operating a webshop by yourself.
"I am a server admin and a business man" > what do you want, administrating a server or running a successful bussiness?

I leave it now up to you and the audience in which group you/they fall ..

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:09 pm

safa-blm wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 pm
Hello everyone,

As the title suggest, some orders has been created and the customers has paid, I was lucky that the payment method is storing the name, email, phone and order id.
I made a real order test with real payment and it went successfully.
I did checked the error log and found this on the same date when those unlucky orders has been created:
(The numbers 339, 340, 341 ... are IDs of customers here their order is not saved.)

[*]Check the error loge here - https://pastebin.com/EQv2R5M1

Any idea on what those errors means and why the customer is created but not their orders?
The problem has happened only in 30 and 31 March

Email settings:
Mail Engine: Mail
Mail Parameters:
SMTP Hostname: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Username: myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: ******
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Timeour: 5

Mail Alerts: Orders, Reviews
Additional Alert Email: my2ndemail@gmail.com

OpenCart Version: 3.0.3.2
OpenCart has a annoying bug in that and SMTP error will stop the order being fully processes. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7633

You error log shows that something is blocking the SMTP connection. Could be a wong hostname, wrong port, your host not allowing outgoing SMTP connections, your SMTP provider blocking your IP or a server configuration issue.

You could use Mail as Mail Engine, but you would need to use a email address on a domain you control and make sure the server is configured correctly for SPF and DKIM.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom