Post by alex_itst » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:59 pm

Greetings.
Opencart version: 3.0.3.6

Im new to opencart development and i came up with i problem i could not fix myself or find a fix anywhere on the internet. The problem is with the checkout page and ill try my best to describe it. I wanted to create a custom one page checkout so my first instinct was to get an extension and i bought ajax quick checkout page. But the extension had conflict with another shipping method extension and i decided to build my own checkout page. The first i notice i that most of the short-codes i used don't work.
for ex: i copied the code form shipping_method.twig into my panel were the shipping option would go and nothing works except the additional textbox field. the code in checkout.twig is as follows:

Code: Select all

{{ header}}
<div class="container" id="container">
    {% if error_warning %}
        <div class="alert alert-danger"><i class="fa fa-exclamation-circle"></i> <{{ error_warning }}
            <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert">&times;</button>
        </div>
    {% endif %}
    <div class="row">{{ column_left }}
        {% if column_left and column_right %}
            {% set class = 'col-sm-6' %}
        {% elseif column_left or column_right %}
            {% set class = 'col-sm-9' %}
        {% else %}
            {% set class = 'col-sm-12' %}
        {% endif %}
        <div id="content" class="{{ class }}">{{ content_top }}
        <div class="row  " >
            <div class="col-lg-4" id ="customcheckout_address">
                <div class="custom_address_heading"><h4>{{ text_your_details }}</h4> </div>
                <div class="custom_address_fields">
                    <form>
                        <div class="col-lg-6">
                            <div id="first_name_label"><label for="input-payment-firstname">{{ entry_firstname }}</label><span> *</span></div>
                            <div id="first_name_input"><input type="text" name="firstname" value="{{ firstname }}" placeholder="{{ entry_firstname }}" id="input-payment-firstname"  required /></div>

</div>
                        <div class="col-lg-6">
                            <div id="last_name_label"><label  for="input-payment-lastname">{{ entry_lastname }}</label><span> *</span></div>
                            <div id="last_name_input"><input type="text" name="lastname" value="{{ lastname }}" placeholder="{{ entry_lastname }}" id="input-payment-lastname"/></div>

</div>
                        <div class="col-lg-12" style="padding-right: 0px;">
                            <div id="email_label"><label  for="input-payment-email">{{ entry_email }}</label><span> *</span></div>
                            <div id="email_input" ><input type="text" name="email" value="{{ email }}" placeholder="{{ entry_email }}" id="input-payment-email" /></div>
                        </div>
                        <div class="col-lg-12" style="padding-right: 0px;">
                            <div id="telephone_label"><label class="control-label" for="input-payment-telephone">{{ entry_telephone }}</label><span> *</span></div>
                            <div id="email_input" ><input type="text" name="telephone" value="{{ telephone }}" placeholder="{{ entry_telephone }}" id="input-payment-telephone" /></div>
                        </div>
                    </form>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="col-lg-8 custom-right-panel">
                <div class="col-lg-6 ">
                    <div class="col-lg-12"><h4>{{ text_checkout_shipping_method }}</div>
                    <div class="col-lg-12">

<p>{{ text_shipping_method }}</p>
                            {% for shipping_method in shipping_methods %}
                                <p><strong>{{ shipping_method.title }}</strong></p>
                                {% if not shipping_method.error %}
                                    {% for quote in shipping_method.quote %}
                                        <div class="radio">
                                            <label> {% if quote.code == code or not code %}
                                                    {% set code = quote.code %}
                                                    <input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="{{ quote.code }}" checked="checked" />
                                                {% else %}
                                                    <input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="{{ quote.code }}" />
                                                {% endif %}
                                                {{ quote.title }} - {{ quote.text }}</label>
                                        </div>
                                    {% endfor %}
                                {% else %}
                                    <div class="alert alert-danger alert-dismissible">{{ shipping_method.error }}</div>
                                {% endif %}
                            {% endfor %}

<p><strong>{{ text_comments }}</strong></p>
                        <p>
                            <textarea name="comment" rows="8" class="form-control">{{ comment }}</textarea>
                        </p>
                        <div class="buttons">
                            <div class="pull-right">
                                <input type="button" value="{{ button_continue }}" id="button-shipping-method" data-loading-text="{{ text_loading }}" class="btn btn-primary" />
                            </div>
                        </div>

</div>

</div>
                <div class="col-lg-6">asdasd</div>
            </div>

</div>

{{ content_bottom }}</div>
        {{ column_right }}</div>
</div>
{{ footer }}
Also i should mention i tired to leave the original script in the file on or of but no difference in the outcome so i didn't uploaded it here.

Second i need a guide on the usage and all the names of the shortcodes. Is there anywhere i can see all of them and is there any online guide or documentation on how to properly use and edit them.

Thank you for your time.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:55 pm

alex_itst wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:59 pm
.. i need a guide on the usage and all the names of the shortcodes ..
What do you understand as "shortcodes"?

If you means something like this:

{% if error_warning %}
This is only the TWIG-Syntax.

Where

{% if %}
is part of this syntax and

error_warning
only the variable produced by the corresponding controller.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria