Post by Jillkm » Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 pm

I am reworking my site so put the rework site in maintenance mode so it wouldn't interfere with my currently running site.

As soon as it went in to maintenance mode and I clicked on a link my admin page came up. Since then I sign in, the address bar spins, then stays on the admin page. No error, just won't sign in.

I figure this is a glitch with the maintenance mode, so I head on over to phpmyadmin and figure I will manually put the site out of maintenance mode to try and figure out the error. I find the config_maintenance but I can't change it. Not only that but it is at 0 which means it should not be in maintenance mode, but it is. I can't edit any of the settings. Where would I do that? It's been a long time since I did any edit in phpmyadmin.

Jill

Post by paulfeakins » Tue May 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Sounds like they perhaps still share a database?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Jillkm » Tue May 11, 2021 8:15 pm

It does look like there are doubles of some settings, but there is a totally different database for the other site and I have no problems signing in on the live site. The live store is running fine as is the backend. Any suggestions?

Jill

Post by straightlight » Tue May 11, 2021 8:39 pm

OC version. Migration issues. Restore backups.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Jillkm » Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 am

Seems the issue might be that I had the same login settings for both stores and had both backends open at the same time. Since I was just starting on the new store, I think it is easier to uninstall the new store and do a fresh install, using different sign in credentials for the new store.

Post by straightlight » Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am

Jillkm wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 am
Seems the issue might be that I had the same login settings for both stores and had both backends open at the same time. Since I was just starting on the new store, I think it is easier to uninstall the new store and do a fresh install, using different sign in credentials for the new store.
Perhaps due to a shared server where both stores are installed on the same domain or in two separate domains but still on the same resource.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jrr » Fri May 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Jillkm wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 am
If you were able to sort it out please add [SOLVED] to the subject line of your original post...

If it is still a problem please post some more info, including (as mentioned above) your version of OpenCart, your PHP version, and perhaps your bank passwords...

<grin>

jrr