Post by jamesalex » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 pm

I'm on a fresh installation of 3.0.3.7.

When I use the image manager i select the image to upload from my local image browser, then the window pops up again, so I then double click the image again. It then tells me the image is uploaded successfully and checking in ftp I can see it is. But it's not showing in the image manager. If I refresh the whole browser window it then shows it correctly.

The same kind of thing happens when I make a folder, firstly the notification tells me the folder has been created, then a second notification window pops up telling me the folder already exists. It's doing everything twice in the image manager.

I've never seen this issue before, does anyone know how or why this is happening?

Here's what I've tried so far:

- setting the image directory to 777
- Turning the cache off in admin developer settings
- Trying in Chrome and Edge (does the same thing)
- Tried on a completely different computer (does the same thing)
Last edited by jamesalex on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 pm

This particular issue could either be related with an installed extension or with cache-control.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jamesalex » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:56 pm

I'm pretty certain it's a caching issue, I'm also having problems with summernote not working at all, but I've purchased and installed ckeditor so it's not a major problem.

But short of reinstalling the whole thing from scratch I'm not quite sure what to do.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:58 pm

We'd need more details, since the image manager works fine for others using OC 3.0.3.7.

What other extensions have you installed? What server? What PHP version?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:20 pm

jamesalex wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:56 pm
I'm pretty certain it's a caching issue, I'm also having problems with summernote not working at all, but I've purchased and installed ckeditor so it's not a major problem.

But short of reinstalling the whole thing from scratch I'm not quite sure what to do.
Opencart does not require users to purchase CKEditor out-of-the-box. Since you've purchased and installed an extension, contact the extension developer or provider of the extension to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jamesalex » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:07 pm

I've been using OC since v1.5 and this is the first time I've encountered this happening.

The client wanted CKEditor anyway as it's much better than Summernote. Other than that I have no other extensions installed at this time.

Apache Server, PHP v7.4
Last edited by jamesalex on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 pm

jamesalex wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:07 pm
I've been using OC since v1.5 and this is the first time I've encountered this happening.

The client wanted CKEditor anyway as it's much better than Summernote. Other than that I have no other extensions installed at this time.

I'm running on PHP v7.4
Then CKEditor programmers, or extension developers using CKEditor under license with Opencart, might be able to assist you on this issue since Opencart does not originally deliver this extension out of the box.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jamesalex » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 pm

I'm not convinced it's CKEditor that's the problem as I've disabled it and I'm still getting the same problem.

I think I'm going to have to do a completely fresh installation from scratch and see if that does it.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:18 pm

jamesalex wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 pm
I'm not convinced it's CKEditor that's the problem as I've disabled it and I'm still getting the same problem.

I think I'm going to have to do a completely fresh installation from scratch and see if that does it.
If the results remains unchanged afterwards, please post your error logs as well as your developers kit's console logs.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jamesalex » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Right, it's 'one of those things'. Full fresh reinstallation and summernote and image manager are now working as they should.

Ugh, now I have to configure the whole thing from scratch again.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Interesting. Perhaps straightlight was right and the issue was indeed caused by the CKEditor, or changes to OpenCart introduced by it?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:17 pm

jamesalex wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:08 pm
Right, it's 'one of those things'. Full fresh reinstallation and summernote and image manager are now working as they should.

Ugh, now I have to configure the whole thing from scratch again.
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON