Post by GWShop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:38 am

There are dozens of order statuses like "Pending" (default), "Expired", "Processed", "Processing", "Complete" etc.

How can I change the email that goes to each user when the order status changes?

For example now that I changed an order as "Completed" I saw an email which says:
"Thank you for your interest in GWShop products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed."

Which is wrong in my opinion. "Completed" in my mind would mean that "The client has paid".

How can I change the emails that are sent to users for each order status?

In the catalog/language/en-gb/checkout I only found 4 php files.

Thank you.
Last edited by GWShop on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 am

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by GWShop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Version 3.0.3.7

Also the link that you gave doesn't provide any info on files location and how to edit them.

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by GWShop » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 pm

I am not going to pay anything for something that I should be able to edit through php .

I have graduated from Computer Science and I know how to edit a php file. So I am not willing to pay 20 USD instead of just editing some php files for a few minutes.

Someone else?

Post by Majnoon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:09 pm

To be honest there is nothing much with default open-cart emails to be done. But well you can try making changes from here:
/catalog/language/en-gb/mail

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:36 am

GWShop wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 pm
I am not going to pay anything for something that I should be able to edit through php .

I have graduated from Computer Science and I know how to edit a php file. So I am not willing to pay 20 USD instead of just editing some php files for a few minutes.
Then go ahead and avoid to bore us here.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:55 am

GWShop wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Version 3.0.3.7

Also the link that you gave doesn't provide any info on files location and how to edit them.
Point being. With your computer science degree, you should not, then, worry about how to edit them but how to look for these entries with the provided command lines.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by GWShop » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 am

Ok that's a start, at least I was able to customize the start of the generic email message.

After that, the order status on the table changes according to the order status.

Opencart developers should add customization in the emails for sure, for every order status in the future.
OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:36 am
Then go ahead and avoid to bore us here.
I will post as much as I want. Forum is a public place. I am posting here to ask some questions and find a solution. If you don't like it go elsewhere, because I can also say that you are spamming your extensions to find buyers.
straightlight wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:55 am
Point being. With your computer science degree, you should not, then, worry about how to edit them but how to look for these entries with the provided command lines.
I am only familiar with Joomla and have zero experience with Opencart. Also coding is not my main job anymore. It was only for 2-3 years after college. I just know the basic stuff, which are enough not to get scammed by unneeded extensions.