Post by Blackwood » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am

Hello I'm currently running Opencart 3.0.2.0 and Journal theme. I also have excelport installed.

Could I create a fresh install of the latest opencart, then install the latest journal theme on this. Then export my customers/orders, etc from my old store using excelport and re-import them again in the new store using excelport or would this cause issues ?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm

You can export/import any data, and not only with excelport.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Bear in mind that the Journal3 framework is not the same as OpenCart, so to be sure you'd have to ask the author of ExcelPort whether it works with the Journal3 framework. Or you can use our free Export/Import tool to copy the old data (products,categories,options, customers,etc) from the old to your new OpenCart server, see also our FAQ on this.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Blackwood wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am
Could I create a fresh install of the latest opencart, then install the latest journal theme on this. Then export my customers/orders, etc from my old store using excelport and re-import them again in the new store using excelport or would this cause issues ?
There's 1 way to find out ;)

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Blackwood wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am
Could I create a fresh install of the latest opencart, then install the latest journal theme on this.
In addition, none of the top OpenCart developers recommend Journal, as described here: viewtopic.php?t=157098

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom