Post by jorem » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:53 pm

OC 3.0.3.7, default and wnweb themes, Payson payment extension.

After purchase, customers are receiving confirmation mail from Payson. That's OK. But they also should get a mail from the shop itself. Hence, several customers are calling us since they're not sure that the purchase has been registered. Maybe I'm blind, but for my life, I can't find where to activate confirmation mails to customers from the actual shop and not only from Payson. Can someone here please assist?

EDIT: Using the default "Mail" as mail engine, not the smtp option.
Last edited by jorem on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm

jorem wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:53 pm
OC 3.0.3.7, default and wnweb themes, Payson payment extension.

After purchase, customers are receiving confirmation mail from Payson. That's OK. But they also should get a mail from the shop itself. Hence, several customers are calling us since they're not sure that the purchase has been registered. Maybe I'm blind, but for my life, I can't find where to activate confirmation mails to customers from the actual shop and not only from Payson. Can someone here please assist?

EDIT: Using the default "Mail" as mail engine, not the smtp option.
Your admin > systems > settings > edit settings > Mail tab may not be properly configured or some of your events in your admin > extensions > events page might be disabled.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Ah, thanks. The OC default setting is outgoing mail port is 25, while I actually have port 26 on server. So, when changed 25 to 26 in OC, even customers get mail.

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm

jorem wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Ah, thanks. The OC default setting is outgoing mail port is 25, while I actually have port 26 on server. So, when changed 25 to 26 in OC, even customers get mail.
Outstanding. However, using these ports are not the safest from the web. I would rather suggest the use of TLS Encryption with your web service provider for your customers to receive whitelisted emails.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON