Post by ciccioroky » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi my problem is the same of the subject: the checkout page refresh every time I change product quantity.
In the checkout page if I change product quantity and I select delivery address or payment method or anything else, the page refresh.
How can I maintain the user in the same page without refresh?
Where is the file that control the page refresh?

Info:
1. OpenCart Version 3.0.3.7
2. Used Template/Theme: Journal 3
Last edited by ciccioroky on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:13 pm

Please read this here: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Otherwise nobody is able to help you ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:43 pm

Also Journal 3 is not supported here at all.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Jaesin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Despite the popular opinion above there are plenty of people willing to help you in Opencart with Journal on this board. I'm a user myself , and glad to help where I can.

Your concern is likely with the ssl certificate for the site.,..
This happens even without journal. A great way to check is to just turn off the theme and see if the problem is still present.
Check the link below.
viewtopic.php?t=60173

Post by by mona » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Jaesin wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:59 pm
Despite the popular opinion above there are plenty of people willing to help you in Opencart with Journal on this board. I'm a user myself , and glad to help where I can.
and so says the man with 50 post in four years :laugh:
sorry but that was funny ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:07 pm

by mona wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:10 pm
Jaesin wrote:
And pretty much all of those posts are *requesting* help rather than giving it.

So @Jaesin would do well to respect the opinion of the experienced developers here that Journal is to be avoided and is generally unsupported on this forum as described in detail here: viewtopic.php?t=157098

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 pm

The catalog/view/theme/mytheme/template/cart/checkout.twig usually contains this:

<button type="submit" data-toggle="tooltip" title="{{ button_update }}" class="btn btn-primary"><i class="fa fa-refresh"></i></button>

Upon clicking it calls the controller function checkout/cart/edit which updates the cart, clears some session data for payment and shipping methods, and does a 302-redirect to the same checkout/cart page. It could possibly be done in a standard OpenCart by adding a jquery event with an Ajax call, and by modifying the controller to fully using a json response only.

I am not sure though whether this would be doable for the Journal3 framework, you'd have to ask the Journal3 support to find out, or find a professional developer on the OpenCart forum to do it as a paid job if you really need the Journal3 framework.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Jaesin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:07 pm
by mona wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:10 pm
Jaesin wrote:
And pretty much all of those posts are *requesting* help rather than giving it.

So @Jaesin would do well to respect the opinion of the experienced developers here that Journal is to be avoided and is generally unsupported on this forum as described in detail here: viewtopic.php?t=157098
Ahh, true... but I was helpful.

Now the term you mentioned of "Generally Unsupported" (to me) does not mean lets run to shut down ANYONE that mentions Journal immediately and deter them from ever using OpenCart again.... or perhaps everyone feels that WooCommerce and Shopify can use another customer?

The shaming (sorry, I mean the opinions of respected developers) posted towards Journal users on this board has likely pushed more people away from OpenCart then to embrace it. Newcomers who don't even know where to start when they have nothing but a dream of having a business and no money to support it start with Journal, the number of sales prove that versus any other theme prove that. Now those with a bit more understanding like myself when it comes to support pays the 40 dollar a year subscription to their tech support and updates. And their support is OUTSTANDING, even going as helping me fix OpenCart bug issues by providing links to the forum and search terms to correct.

The gang may not like Journal as it (from what I have read) has used various pieces of code that was provided free here in OpenCart, even steeling some from what I have read reported by the gang. I don't doubt any of that, but the users that are asking questions are clearly unexperienced like myself, and most cannot even learn to differentiate Journal issues from Opencart, and they do not pay support to Journal either.

As far as respect goes, you have all of mine Paul regardless of the jokes, in the fact that yourself has been more than helpful in assisting in resolving my concerns (and they were OpenCart concerns) as long as I don't mention the word Journal. And without a doubt your incredibly knowledgeable in OpenCart, as I would expect a developer to be.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Please bear in mind that this is an OpenCart forum, not a forum for the Journal3 framework. A typical Journal3 site is more than 3/4 non-OpenCart, Journal3 has a number of known bugs, it uses a heavily modified framework, and most leading OpenCart developers agree that Journal3 is of poor software quality. It may have a number useful features (e.g. blog, slide-shows, one-page checkout etc) but these have nothing to do with a web theme.

On rare occasions help can be provided here if it is a genuine OpenCart issue and not related to the Journal3 framework. But in most cases we direct the user to the appropriate Journal3 support site, or to the commercial support section of this OpenCart forum.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ciccioroky » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:55 pm

Thanks for everyone. I have been working with opencaert/journal for less than a month. I have returned to this platform without ever having seen it before and I am groping. The customer is in a hurry and I have to quickly learn this ecommerce system. I apologize if I caused chaos.

Post by ciccioroky » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 pm
The catalog/view/theme/mytheme/template/cart/checkout.twig usually contains this:

<button type="submit" data-toggle="tooltip" title="{{ button_update }}" class="btn btn-primary"><i class="fa fa-refresh"></i></button>

Upon clicking it calls the controller function checkout/cart/edit which updates the cart, clears some session data for payment and shipping methods, and does a 302-redirect to the same checkout/cart page. It could possibly be done in a standard OpenCart by adding a jquery event with an Ajax call, and by modifying the controller to fully using a json response only.

I am not sure though whether this would be doable for the Journal3 framework, you'd have to ask the Journal3 support to find out, or find a professional developer on the OpenCart forum to do it as a paid job if you really need the Journal3 framework.
Yes already done this. With Ajax update my cart but if the quantity will change and after select address the page refresh.

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:45 pm

I think is a hosting issue or you use an ocmod extension that refresh the page.
Journal 3 doesn't refresh the page, just update Totals when change products quantity.

Provide you store URL

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Yes already done this. With Ajax update my cart but if the quantity will change and after select address the page refresh.
Too vague. You need to provide a clearer description of what exactly you did, if you did it to OpenCart at all. Or ask the Journal3 support to modify its framework to prevent the page refreshes.

BTW.: This is not a bug because the functionality of changing cart quantities works just fine.

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:26 pm

.htaccess, config.php and / or admin/config.php file configuration issues.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ciccioroky » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:19 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:26 pm
I'm sorry, but how can these files intervene when I click on a label / radio button and a select deselects?
the files shown are references to folders and files, there are no logic programming

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:43 pm

ciccioroky wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:19 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:26 pm
I'm sorry, but how can these files intervene when I click on a label / radio button and a select deselects?
the files shown are references to folders and files, there are no logic programming
Use the Developers Kit and check the error logs, that's how you'll know.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON