Post by serii366 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi.
I like to work with gulp, to reload the browser page, and also with scss.
In opencart 3 we have a buttons to disable theme and scss cache, but the don't works.
I disabled cache, changed stylesheet.css, and cache still exist.

Also i installed the plugin for cache for opencart3, and clear the stystem cache, and after some seconds cache was cleared.
I can't press button, each time i change styles.
But, may be, in the code i can stop caching scss, css, twig, php files, still i developing the theme?

Thanks in advance.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Ensure your system/storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder. Then, to assign CHMOD permissions recursively to 0755 on folders - not on files. Then, edit both config.php files with the new location.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:49 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:18 pm
Ensure your system/storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder. Then, to assign CHMOD permissions recursively to 0755 on folders - not on files. Then, edit both config.php files with the new location.
I'm sorry, but your reply is absolutely useless in this case. Not only you can keep storage folder anywhere you want, it is also not related to question asked.
serii366 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 pm
But, may be, in the code i can stop caching scss, css, twig, php files, still i developing the theme?
Caching is a pain in the ass today, indeed. Even browser can be an issue, so don't forget to clear its cache. As for TWIG, you can turn off the caching multiple ways. For example, comment everything inside load() function in system\library\template\Twig\Cache\Filesystem.php

I suggest you search in Google on the matter, plenty different solutions.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:28 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:49 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:18 pm
I'm sorry, but your reply is absolutely useless in this case. Not only you can keep storage folder anywhere you want, it is also not related to question asked.
serii366 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 pm
Caching is a pain in the ass today, indeed. Even browser can be an issue, so don't forget to clear its cache. As for TWIG, you can turn off the caching multiple ways. For example, comment everything inside load() function in system\library\template\Twig\Cache\Filesystem.php

I suggest you search in Google on the matter, plenty different solutions.
Based on your own presumption. The storage folder does need to be outside when using specific hosts. Otherwise, the cache engine won't respond as well as it should. So to add, you have already been addressed on other topics on the matter that the OC cache is useful for extensions. Should you choose to ignore those replies, that is totally up to you to decide but that doesn't and won't mean that the reply above has absolutely nothing to do with the question. That is simply based on your own observation.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:55 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:49 pm
Caching is a pain in the ass today, indeed.
It certainly is: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-to-c ... t-3-0-2-0/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom