Post by haniaro » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 am

Hello
I hope that somebody will help me in this issue:
if the cart is empty and I clicked on the minicart button a dropdown box will appear telling me: ("Your shopping cart is empty!") and this is the normal behaviour as expected, and if clicked inside the dropdown box, nothing strange will happen.
The problem starts if I add some product to the cart as this:
1- If I add products without clicking on the dropdown box (that appear when clicking the minicart button), the text on the mini cart button is updated as I continue to add products and everything is ok.
2- If I add a product to the cart and I clicked the minicart button and the dropdown box appeared and I clicked anything inside it, this will lock the minicart button and if I clicked on it again it will not show the dropdown box, and it will stop updating the number of items and the total.
even if I refreshed the page the problem still alive.
my Opencart Version is: 3.0.3.8
- I didn't edit any line in the file: "catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.min.js"
- I didn't edit any line in the file: "catalog/view/javascript/common.js"
Last edited by haniaro on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:57 am

Code: Select all

<a href="https://xxx.eu/index.php?route=common/home">
  <button type="button" data-toggle="dropdown" data-loading-text="Loading..." class="btn btn-inverse btn-block btn-lg dropdown-toggle"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i> <span id="cart-total">2 item(s) - 28.98€</span></button>
  </a>
It is linking to the homepage (pre-turning on SEO) so it is doing exactly as you have told it to do but actually can’t - just why you told it to do that is very odd.
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 21.56.12.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 21.56.12.png (451.57 KiB) Viewed 465 times

change it back presumably in your header.twig to (but maybe you have an extension that does it)

Code: Select all

<button type="button" data-toggle="dropdown" data-loading-text="Loading..." class="btn btn-inverse btn-block btn-lg dropdown-toggle"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i> <span id="cart-total">2 item(s) - 28.98€</span></button>

and so is your search - so that is broken also.
Last edited by by mona on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 am

Looks like an </a> in the wrong place for that home link in top left corner has something to do with it.

Location - Wales

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:51 pm

You need to provide some details, including your website URL, theme used, other extensions.

This issue does not exist in a standard OpenCart 3.0.x.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by by mona » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm

@JNeuhoff - he did - the web addresses has been removed
The issue was a “theme"

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:45 pm

by mona wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm
@JNeuhoff - he did - the web addresses has been removed
The issue was a “theme"
OK, fair enough.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member