Post by yooteedee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:10 am

1. Your Exact OpenCart Version: 3.0.3.8
2. Used Template/Theme: Journal3 (this is not a template/theme question)
3. (Additional) Installed Extension(s) none
4. n/a

I'm setting up a new store using opencart. Here's what I'd like to do for now:

A visitor places items in the cart and places an "ORDER" (no immediate payment).
I want to be able to see those ORDERS on the backend/admin.
I will then send a customer an invoice by my own method, using a payment solution such as stripe, or equivalent.
The customer will pay by invoice (this process will have nothing to do with the website or opencart software.)
I will then log into the backend/admin to mark orders as "PAID" or "INVOICE SENT", and additionally as "SHIPPED (or COMPLETED)".

Is there an easy way to do this already in a clean Opencart install?

I'm new to the software so please understand I have no frame of reference here or history of usage with the software. However, I continue to read the docs and am learning every day. If there's a known good extension for this sort of thing, that you recommend, please chime in. I did notice a large amount of old/outdated extensions, or many that aren't for the 3.x version. I don't mind paying for a quality extension. I didn't delve into the 'pay by cheque' feature yet, though this may reveal some answers. Not sure yet.

I'm just looking for help or guidance from those more experienced or knowledgeable. Thank you for your time.

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:34 am

Thank you for your clear and precise information.

Unfortunately this is a theme question as you theme edits the whole of the checkout process, you will have to ask them for support if you are using any of that.
In theory you can use collect from store together with free checkout cash on delivery and order statuses.

system = > localisation => order statuses
extensions => extensions => shipping
extensions => extensions => payments

You can also edit the language files

the “documentation” can be found here - but google is great
http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/introduction/
Last edited by by mona on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 pm

Surely just use the Cash On Delivery payment method?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:00 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 pm
Second this. Cash On Delivery will be useful in this case. And to validate the purchase, just communicate with the customer.

Note: You can change the wording from "Cash on Delivery" to anything that fits your needs, and then do this:

Code: Select all

I will then send a customer an invoice by my own method, using a payment solution such as stripe, or equivalent. 

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by yooteedee » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:32 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:00 am
paulfeakins wrote:
Second this. Cash On Delivery will be useful in this case. And to validate the purchase, just communicate with the customer.

Note: You can change the wording from "Cash on Delivery" to anything that fits your needs, and then do this:

Perfect! Thank you RJCALIFORNIA, PAULFEAKINS, and others, for your useful info. I was wondering if 'COD' would be useful for this but haven't tried it yet. I will jump on this immediately and see if it works for my situation. The change of 'wording' is exactly what my next question would have been. :)

Post by by mona » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:30 am

;) @PaulF - oops yes apologies thank you - yes cash on delivery I have edited that.

Now that this has been resolved please be so kind as to add [SOLVED] to the title of your post - thanks

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by yooteedee » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:59 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:00 am
paulfeakins wrote:

How is the "wording" changed? Where would I need to go to make these changes?

Post by yooteedee » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:14 am

Here's my update to this...

I'm bypassing the shipping options and just want a customer to place what I'm calling an 'order request', which I then follow up with communication and separate payable invoices (I know this may sound weird but there are good reasons for this). On the opencart side of things this is pretty messy during CHECKOUT. I'd like to clean up some of the wording and change the shipping section of the cart checkout to something more applicable... maybe an option that just says 'shipping to be calculated later', or equivalent. Currently I'm not sure how to tackle this.

Step 3 and 4 of checkout need some changes.
Step 3: Currently it wines about not having a DELIVERY METHOD (Warning: Shipping method required). Thankfully you can just click CONTINUE to proceed.
Step 4: Delivery Method, offers a 'pickup from store $0.00' option.

Thanks to everyone for your input and assistance. :)

Post by mikeinterserv » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:19 am

catalog\language\en-gb\extension\payment\cod.php

Location - Wales

Post by yooteedee » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:22 am

Thanks for the guidance. I found all the changes that were necessary. :D

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:52 am

yooteedee wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:22 am
Thanks for the guidance. I found all the changes that were necessary. :D
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON