Post by Nadalb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi everyone, I hope that someone can give me a hand on this one, all OCMOD changes in Twig files are not working in user website Frontend.
I checked in /modification/catalog/view/theme/default/template/* and I see that the files were modified correctly but when I check in the browser there is absolutely nothing.
Another fact is when I apply myself the modification in the Theme Editor everything work fine.

Anyone got the same problem and can help troubleshooting this?
Thanks
Last edited by Nadalb on Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Maybe you have these pages cached in browser.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Gergely » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:14 pm

Nadalb wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:15 pm
Hi everyone, I hope that someone can give me a hand on this one, all OCMOD changes in Twig files are not working in user website Frontend.
I checked in /modification/catalog/view/theme/default/template/* and I see that the files were modified correctly but when I check in the browser there is absolutely nothing.
Another fact is when I apply myself the modification in the Theme Editor everything work fine.

Thanks
Hi Nadalb,

OCMOD and the built in Theme Editor are not compatible with each other. The Theme Editor saves edits to the db, and OCMOD modifications will no longer be applied. Using the built in Theme Editor should generally be avoided. If you have any files listed under Design > Theme Editor > Theme History, OCMOD edits will not be applied to those files. So you will just have to use either one or the other.

Hope this is useful info,
Gergely

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Nadalb » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:33 pm

Gergely wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:14 pm
Nadalb wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Thanks
Hi Nadalb,

OCMOD and the built in Theme Editor are not compatible with each other. The Theme Editor saves edits to the db, and OCMOD modifications will no longer be applied. Using the built in Theme Editor should generally be avoided. If you have any files listed under Design > Theme Editor > Theme History, OCMOD edits will not be applied to those files. So you will just have to use either one or the other.

Hope this is useful info,
Gergely
"OCMOD and the built in Theme Editor are not compatible with each other. ..."

That was cause of the problem. Thanks for that information and sorry for the late reply.

Thanks again