Post by Joe1234 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 am

This is an issue on the front end and admin.
On the front end, every time I refresh in the product grid layout, the order of the products switches up. If I have the default order set shouldn't the order stay the same if I refresh? Also, if I manually set one of the sort orders and refresh, the order will also switch up. Is this how this cart works?

On the admin side, if I click one of the product list column head as the sort order it doesn't stay the same when I go into the product and come back out. It always defaults back to product name sort. This doesn't seem right that I have to click the column head every single time. Is this how this works? Why isn't a cookie or something set? Can this be fixed?

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by hpwebdesign » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:11 am

if you want to change it you have to change the default sort order you have to change it by editing the code in admin->controller->catalog->product.php

Code: Select all

if (isset($this->request->get['sort'])) {
			$sort = $this->request->get['sort'];
		} else {
			$sort = 'pd.name';
		}
as well as on the frontend

HP Web Design
http://hpwebdesign.io
Opencart Extension Development | OpenCart Professional Services | OpenCart Tutorials

Location - Yogyakarta

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 am
Also, if I manually set one of the sort orders and refresh, the order will also switch up. Is this how this cart works?
I don't think so ... but you haven't given us any of the requested information about your install ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom