Post by HerbalGrow2021 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 pm

Hello dear opencart community,
i am fairly unacquainted with opencart, so please bear with me. I was going to try installing a new Safira Theme for my opencart store.
Since i am just figuering out what i am exactly doing , i wanted to create a back up, just to be safe.
Inside of my opencart dashboard i went to system>maintenance>backup/restore>clicked on export for Backup and then i received this error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 157031328 bytes) in /data/web/e66894/html/apps/wordpress-120143/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19

As far as i understood the allowed memory size is exhausted so i searched it up and was recommended to increased it inside of the php.ini file to 240
The error however remained.

I am not sure what to do to be honest.

Thank you already in advance for your time and help

Location - Austria

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 pm

Make back-up from phpMyAdmin

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by HerbalGrow2021 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 pm

Ahh yes of course thank you very much ;D

Location - Austria

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:00 pm

HerbalGrow2021 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 pm
.. i wanted to create a back up, just to be safe.
Inside of my opencart dashboard i went to system>maintenance>backup/restore>clicked on export for Backup and then i received this error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 157031328 bytes) in /data/web/e66894/html/apps/wordpress-120143/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 19

As far as i understood the allowed memory size is exhausted so i searched it up and was recommended to increased it inside of the php.ini file to 240
The error however remained.
1. creating a backup (for later usage) with OpenCarts default function will never work
Why?
Because this "backup" is only an export of the data, never the structure (which is required when importing the whole database at a new installation or a crash).
Therefore
2. create a full backup (data & structure) with phpMyAdmin

Additonal to say: using the internal "backup" function is useful only, if only the data shall be exported.
A possible scenario could be:

A. export the product data
B. edit the product data (e.g. with an editor)
C. import the edited product data (with the internal function)

Fo noobs and beginners an easy method not to handle with complex functions - like phpMyAdmin can be if the user has no experience with it!

p.s.. the "error" in your case is based on the server settings.
Means the export data is too big to be handled by php.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria