Post by mbodamer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:35 pm

Hi sorry if this has been asked or if there is already a solution. I can't seem lot locate it. I sell products to a local group only. I do not ship items. I clearly state this on my page and the shopping cart has two options on checkout, PICKUP the order at my warehouse or PICKUP the order at a local event. Almost daily I am getting orders for product and they go through automatically and paypal charges the customer for someone across the country and then they email me and say i see you didnt have a shipping option so are you shipping it for free? I have to go through and cancel the order, refund it, and then tell the customer they didnt read the 50 notices on my website saying i dont ship.

I want an order to come in as pending, I see it and say yes or no and then if no I can decline it and send customer a message why, and if approved then it goes through normally. Seems like a simple thing but i can't find a solution. Is there already functionality or is there an extension I can use for this?

Thanks

Post by pipoy » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:09 pm

Pending can be done for bank transfers or offline payments. That is by default in Opencart.

But I would suggest 2 more things you can do.
1. Disable other countries. - Default you can do this
2. Restrict the payment method depending on the country. - There is a paid module for this.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 pm

Some payment gateways have an "authorize only" mode rather than taking the payment.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by mbodamer » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm

pipoy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:09 pm
Pending can be done for bank transfers or offline payments. That is by default in Opencart.

But I would suggest 2 more things you can do.
1. Disable other countries. - Default you can do this
2. Restrict the payment method depending on the country. - There is a paid module for this.
Thank you for the quick reply... issue is they are legit orders from the US. I simply only sell products to a small radius and customers are ordering from outside that radius even though it is clearly marked on the site and in the shopping cart terms and they agree to the terms that I wont ship items. They place an order and then say hey when are you shipping? then I have to refund it and tell them they didn't read my terms that they agreed to and I have to cancel the order.

Post by mbodamer » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:27 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:50 pm
Some payment gateways have an "authorize only" mode rather than taking the payment.

hmmm thank you I will look into this as an option.

Post by mbodamer » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:31 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thank you for this I am using the Paypal Express module. I do see there is a settlement type either "sale" or "authorization". It is currently set to "sale" Do you know if I set it to "authorization" and I get the order come in, how do I then accept and fully process the order for payment? I have not yet changed it to authorization. I couldn't find in documentation anywhere the step to approve the order and then process the payment.

Thanks

Post by pipoy » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 pm

mbodamer wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:31 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Thank you for this I am using the Paypal Express module. I do see there is a settlement type either "sale" or "authorization". It is currently set to "sale" Do you know if I set it to "authorization" and I get the order come in, how do I then accept and fully process the order for payment? I have not yet changed it to authorization. I couldn't find in documentation anywhere the step to approve the order and then process the payment.

Thanks
I do believe that in either modes, the buyer will be charged initially.
For Authorization mode, it will be reversed if you did not authorize it or it will proceed if you did. Either way, the customer will get charged initially.

I would highly suggest what I said earlier. Just restrict them from buying.