Post by Nsaneone » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Good Afternoon All. Hope your well. Wanted to request assistance with the following issue.

I have create multiple shop stores in my OpenCart setup. However each time I visit these, it only ever appears to be showing the default store and nothing else. Any assistance is appreciated.
Last edited by Nsaneone on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 pm

Nsaneone wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 pm
Good Afternoon All. Hope your well. Wanted to request assistance with the following issue.

I have create multiple shop stores in my OpenCart setup. However each time I visit these, it only ever appears to be showing the default store and nothing else. Any assistance is appreciated.
What steps have you taken to set it up? Each of your addon domains (in your hosting control panel) have to point to the DocumentRoot (usually public_html) where you have uploaded the Opencart files. Then the domains need to be added through the Opencart admin area.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Nsaneone » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:39 pm

Apologies, just found the answer. The binding for the additional Store was on a different IP address. And for some reason this meant only the default store would ever be displayed. Is there a way we can accomodate the additional IP address or should I simply use the same for all shop fronts. Marking this as solved, however if anyone knows the answer it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Post by Nsaneone » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:52 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 pm
Nsaneone wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 pm

What steps have you taken to set it up? Each of your addon domains (in your hosting control panel) have to point to the DocumentRoot (usually public_html) where you have uploaded the Opencart files. Then the domains need to be added through the Opencart admin area.
We added the new store through the OpenCart admin page. Where we specified a URL and all the other required settings.

On IIS, we specified a new binding, with a different IP address (I think this was the mistake).

Whenever we visited the new store, we would always get the default store. None of the title/products/categories or any of the various settings would be changed.

However, my colleague suggested lets keep the IP the same, and this appeared to resolve the issue. Its not a problem to have the same IP, I think at this point were just curious to see how it could be done. Thank you

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:27 am

Nsaneone wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:39 pm
Apologies, just found the answer. The binding for the additional Store was on a different IP address. And for some reason this meant only the default store would ever be displayed. Is there a way we can accomodate the additional IP address or should I simply use the same for all shop fronts. Marking this as solved, however if anyone knows the answer it would be appreciated.

Thank you
Why do you have multiple IP addresses? Do you have Opencart properly uploaded with only 1 set of files on one hosting account?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Nsaneone » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:30 am

I think I have found a solution for this also.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/230 ... 7#27791857

Will test further tomorrow, however from the above article this is very much possible in IIS. Thank you again for your assistance