Post by ihateusernames » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:04 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing a module & trying to add a link in the main admin nav menu (column_left). However, when I add the code in the c/l/m/v files & folders, the menu link added doesn't show up. If I enter the link directly into a browser I get a 'permission denied see administrator ' message pop up. If I insert the links into the database directly in user.permission I can tick the user permissions boxes in the user group settings, but the url link names don't show up & permission is still denied.

I can skirt permissions entirely by adding the url directly to the ignore list in user_permission.php controller file. But whilst this allows me to directly enter the url ok into a browser, it still doesn't display the link in the admin nav menu.

So, am I missing something here, or is it impossible to add a new link into the admin navigation menu?

Thanks in advance for any clarification, advice or input.....

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by ihateusernames » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:02 pm

ok, problem resolved...

Some files were been by-passed by modified files in storage/modifications/etc.... this has caught me out before & will probably do so again, in the future ;D

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:33 am

ihateusernames wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:02 pm
ok, problem resolved...
Please add [SOLVED] to the start of this post title.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom