Post by semi » Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to OpenCart andtrying to move a webshop for a client to my hosting. It's giving me this error and I don't know how to approach this. Is there anyone who could kindly help me with this? Big thanks in advance!

[Thu May 12 09:17:46.999055 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 32013:tid 139837482821376] [client 65.154.226.170:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wwijnh/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/system/startup.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/wijnhandel/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear/:/dev/urandom:/usr/local/php74/lib/:/usr/local/php74/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/) in /home/wijnhandel/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/index.php on line 17PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/wwijnh/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/system/startup.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/wijnhandel/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/index.php on line 17PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/wwijnh/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/system/startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/lib/php') in /home/wijnhandel/domains/wierdensewijnhandel.nl/public_html/index.php on line 17'

Kind regards

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 12, 2022 4:35 pm

semi wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm
I am new to OpenCart andtrying to move a webshop for a client to my hosting. It's giving me this error and I don't know how to approach this.
Sorry, but you write that this is your hosting.
Therefore you act as a provider - and then you shoud know what you are doing!

Recommend to search and read what it does mean to work on such a basis.

Second: ".. for a client .." means: you earn money.
Fine, but then don't expect much help in this forum (maybe better to post a request in the commercial section here).

Regarding the message: means simply that open_basedir restriction is in effect, and that does not allow to access to those folder(s).
Also here: learn the basics!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Code: Select all

open_basedir restriction in effect
This seems to be server related, not OpenCart related, as far as I can see, but I could be wrong.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 12, 2022 5:15 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:12 pm

This seems to be server related, not OpenCart related, as far as I can see, but I could be wrong.
No, you are right (but already mentioned before).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by semi » Thu May 12, 2022 5:43 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:35 pm
semi wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm
I am new to OpenCart andtrying to move a webshop for a client to my hosting. It's giving me this error and I don't know how to approach this.
Sorry, but you write that this is your hosting.
Therefore you act as a provider - and then you shoud know what you are doing!

Recommend to search and read what it does mean to work on such a basis.

Second: ".. for a client .." means: you earn money.
Fine, but then don't expect much help in this forum (maybe better to post a request in the commercial section here).

Regarding the message: means simply that open_basedir restriction is in effect, and that does not allow to access to those folder(s).
Also here: learn the basics!
I don't see any reason for the passive aggressive attitude. If you don't wish to help me that's completely fine, I don't need a lecture on how I should deal with my business. My client is well aware this system is new to me and also isn't charged with the time I needed to figure this out.

Post by semi » Thu May 12, 2022 5:44 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Thank you, I'll dive into this with my hostingprovider!

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 pm

semi wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:43 pm
I don't see any reason for the passive aggressive attitude.
Was not my intention, just a few clear words .. instead of "charming around" ..
semi wrote:
..I don't need a lecture on how I should deal with my business.
Are you sure?
You came to this place, not I.
And your question shows, that you don't know what you're doing.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by semi » Thu May 12, 2022 6:36 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 pm
semi wrote:
I don't see any reason for the passive aggressive attitude.
Was not my intention, just a few clear words .. instead of "charming around" ..
semi wrote:
..I don't need a lecture on how I should deal with my business.
Are you sure?
You came to this place, not I.
And your question shows, that you don't know what you're doing.
Regarding Opencart I don't know what I am doing (neither have I claimed I did), hence the fact I came to the forum.
For all I know support means help and therefor I am asking for help on this forum so I can start to learn. If these issues seem server related issues rather than Opencart that's an answer as well and helpful for me to start resolving the issue. 2/3 of your answer consists of you showing you have better understanding, which is great but not very helpful.

Post by OSWorX » Fri May 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Unfortunetaly many users came to this forum and ask for help.
Which is basically good, but .. sometimes the issue or question has nothing to do with OpenCart itself!

In my opinion, every user who wants to operate a webshop should know what he is doing.
The more if he use services from a provider which offers only common services.
Or - much worther - use one of this "free" services.

Result: troubles and troubles!

Why?
Those services restrict many options, like the open_basedir restriction or max_input_vars.
Justed mentioned this 2, there a few more which needed to be adjusted.

OpenCart itself does not need many recourses like other webshop systems.
But at least a few options must be "optimized", especially when the webshop will have thousands of categories and/or products.

Now back to you: you wrote that you are acting as the provider.
Which means, you know how the server should be installed, optimized and: secured.
Because security is the major point of all, all shops are handling with sensitive data and no client wants to get hacked.
Because you have for example WordPress and OpenCart in the same account.
OpenCart itself is secure, but if WordPress is also installed and not maintained regural, it will open many doors!

Such a few more words about this situation.

Finally a word to all users may read this thread: better to find a dedicated OpenCart provider and "spend" a few bucks and having no troubles.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 pm

Well, just to add my two cents, you neither mentioned the Opencart Version used, nor the Custom Theme used, two very important Details, to eventually enable one, to be of (free) assistance in the first place. And by looking into the Code, I found a bunch of incorrect Links, containing a double SLASH ( // ), most likely keeping a Site from working as it should. And generally, if a Custom Theme is part of an OC Installation, no free Support can be expected at this Forum, one needs to contact the Theme Seller, to be of assistance, if one runs into problems.

So, you see, it's not as easy as it may seem to, after all, Opencart is a commercially used Software, and free Support can only be expected, if one makes it easy for others, to possisbly invest some time, to eventually assist on 'common' matters and problems, related to 'OC-default' installations.

Just to bring you down to real Earth, nothing personal, just to give you some Idea on this ... ;)
Good Luck !

https://www.wierdensewijnhandel.nl/inde ... ommon/home

<link rel="stylesheet" href="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.css" media="screen"/>
<script src="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/device.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="catalog/view/theme/theme538//stylesheet/owl-carousel.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="catalog/view/theme/theme538//stylesheet/photoswipe.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/jquery.bxslider/jquery.bxslider.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="catalog/view/theme/theme538//stylesheet/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet">
<script src="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/common.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/livesearch.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="catalog/view/theme/theme538//js/script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland