Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 am

Good afternoon.

After copying the backup, OpenCart no longer allows logging in as an administrator in the site.com/admin directory. And the same does not send the password reset email.

The same version 3.0.3.8 is installed on localhost and, in this version, it works by sending the reset of the account in the admin email. When reading the tutorials here I deleted the user password through phpMyAdmin and I tested it on localhost and it didn't work. A change has also been made from UTC.

This problem of not sending the password does not allow me to enter the OpenCart system, and therefore, I don't have access to the platform's error log.

Are there any details that I missed?

Post by sw!tch » Thu May 19, 2022 2:47 pm

marciojosebaldo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 am
This problem of not sending the password does not allow me to enter the OpenCart system, and therefore, I don't have access to the platform's error log.
You don’t need to be logged in to view the log file.

You can locate the error log manually via FTP in your storage/logs folder. Further you want to also look at your server logs, they typically reside in a logs folder within the root of your webspace.

You may want to contact your webhost if you need help locating logs.

-

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by grgr » Thu May 19, 2022 3:43 pm

marciojosebaldo wrote:
When reading the tutorials here I deleted the user password through phpMyAdmin and I tested it on localhost and it didn't work.
That doesn't quite make sense to me. But if you want gain access to your online store, then simply take a working username/password data from you localhost database and add it to your online database.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm

marciojosebaldo wrote:
OpenCart does not send email to reset admin password
This has been asked an answered many times, you should search this forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 pm

[/quote]
You may want to contact your webhost if you need help locating logs.
[/quote]

Thank you, sw!tch

The contracted VPS does not install any error log files. This information was provided by the company's support.

In the directory /storage/logs/ there is no error log of not sending the link to reset the administrator password

Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 19, 2022 8:34 pm

grgr wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:43 pm
marciojosebaldo wrote:
When reading the tutorials here I deleted the user password through phpMyAdmin and I tested it on localhost and it didn't work.
That doesn't quite make sense to me. But if you want gain access to your online store, then simply take a working username/password data from you localhost database and add it to your online database.
Thank you, grgr

Do you say a transfer through a phpmyAdmin?

Perhaps, what's make sense to you to solve this problem?

Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 19, 2022 8:37 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm
marciojosebaldo wrote:
OpenCart does not send email to reset admin password
This has been asked an answered many times, you should search this forum.
Thank you, paulfeakins

I did it and the solutions was not successful in this case. In the brazilian forum was the same

Post by marciojosebaldo » Fri May 20, 2022 2:34 am

The same version of the OC that is on localhost contains the oc_event table and is exactly the same as the OC of the VPS. In addition to other events, oc_event handles order confirmation emails, payment and also admin password reset which is not sent by the OC

The localhost OC sends the password reset email normally. In the localhost was a success to delete oc_user passwords to be able to enter without the password, however, it is not allowed to enter the OC of VPS similarly

What else can be done, folks?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 am

Did you change the time zone settings? There is a bug that some values will prevent admin login.

For the mail problem you need to find you PHP error log, not the OpenCart one. Use phpinfo() to find the location.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by grgr » Fri May 20, 2022 6:15 pm

marciojosebaldo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:34 pm
grgr wrote:
marciojosebaldo wrote:
Thank you, grgr

Yes, create a new admin user on the localhost and take those details and add them to the online database via phpMyAdmin. Then try using those to log in with. You then have known good credentials, which if they don't work, then you have a problem somewhere.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by marciojosebaldo » Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 am
Did you change the time zone settings? There is a bug that some values will prevent admin login.

For the mail problem you need to find you PHP error log, not the OpenCart one. Use phpinfo() to find the location.
Thank you, ADD Creative

Yes, it was ther first thing after installation (/var/www/html/system/config/default.php) on the Linux:
$_['date_timezone'] = 'UTC'; --> $_['date_timezone'] = 'America/Sao_Paulo';

What a good idea about phpinfo()! It is active in the VPS. What's the table is necessary to check the email error?

And I think the email error it is possible to be seccondary. In the admin login, if wrong admin and password, the return is not message error login. Simply is the URL: http://tiverde.com.br/admin/index.php?r ... mmon/login

Post by marciojosebaldo » Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 am

[/quote]

Yes, create a new admin user on the localhost and take those details and add them to the online database via phpMyAdmin. Then try using those to log in with. You then have known good credentials, which if they don't work, then you have a problem somewhere.
[/quote]

Thank you, grgr

It is a good idea

For people that transleted OC 3.0.3.8 it is necessary to copy the tables: oc_user and ocbr_user. The ocbr is OpenCart Brazilian

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 21, 2022 6:55 am

There is an issue with your configuration. Your login is doing a POST to https, but you have something redirecting back to http, so you can never login.

As for phpinfo. You need to look at "error_log". This will tell you where your PHP error log in located.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by marciojosebaldo » Sat May 21, 2022 7:37 am

grgr wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:15 pm
marciojosebaldo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:34 pm
grgr wrote:

Thank you, grgr

grgr,

the 2 tables were merged from VPS to localhost. It didn't from localhost to VPS for fear of some database problem. The result was that when embedding oc_user and ocbr_user, the login entered in localhost

So, this 2 tables does not have problem

Post by marciojosebaldo » Sat May 21, 2022 7:43 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:55 am
There is an issue with your configuration. Your login is doing a POST to https, but you have something redirecting back to http, so you can never login.

As for phpinfo. You need to look at "error_log". This will tell you where your PHP error log in located.
ok, thank you again

Table Core

Local Value Master Value
error_log no value no value

I will in this weekend to know how to active the error_log. This tips are precious to solve the problem

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 21, 2022 7:20 pm

You can set them in your php.ini. As well as setting error_log to the path and filename you want. You will also need to set log_errors to On.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 26, 2022 4:59 am

Hi, guys

Thank you for all replies

The problem was solve

The issue was caused for certbot and incompability with CloudFlare because the selection in SSL/TLS was in Flexible. But, after the instalation of Let's Encrypt and accept the update automatic, it is recomended to change from Flexible for Full (strict)

A small issue is in this configuration the velocity of site was defined by Google as slow

Thanks again

Post by marciojosebaldo » Thu May 26, 2022 5:02 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:20 pm
You can set them in your php.ini. As well as setting error_log to the path and filename you want. You will also need to set log_errors to On.
The php error log configuration is not part of the topic, I will continue for the until get it

Thank again for your tips.