Post by ru-lefthanded » Fri May 20, 2022 1:07 am

Running OC3.03.2
Would like to tweak the wording of "Sub Total" that you find on the checkout page to "Sub-Total (excluding VAT)" as having a VAT inclusive price for the products displayed above that -and then a VAT exclusice total there without any expanation can be a little confusing for customers.
Which file do I need to edit to achieve this - cant seem to find it so far :(
Thanks in advance

Post by straightlight » Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 am

Would suggest the use of Event Triggers. However, the language definition for those entries can be modified in your catalog/language/<your_language>/extension/total folder.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ru-lefthanded » Fri May 20, 2022 3:53 pm

Thank you - wil try to get my head around Event triggers but in the meantime, that's fixed the problem :)

Post by straightlight » Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 pm

ru-lefthanded wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:53 pm
Thank you - wil try to get my head around Event triggers but in the meantime, that's fixed the problem :)
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ru-lefthanded » Sat May 21, 2022 12:29 am

:)

Post by paulfeakins » Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 am
Would suggest the use of Event Triggers.
straightlight says that for every conceivable question for some unknown reason, perhaps he's on commission, but in this case I think editing the language files would be more suitable.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by joeantropy » Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 pm

It's also worth noting that OpenCart 3 has its own event-hook-based Language Editor in the admin panel specifically for this exact purpose (something I'm surprised event hook evangelist Straightlight is apparently unaware of):

It is recommended to use the Language Editor instead of modifying the language files directly if it is available in your OpenCart installation.

Post by ru-lefthanded » Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 pm

Nice :)

Thank you

Post by straightlight » Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 am
Would suggest the use of Event Triggers.
straightlight says that for every conceivable question for some unknown reason, perhaps he's on commission, but in this case I think editing the language files would be more suitable.
Event triggers can be used to add language definitions in the meantime, which is why the suggestion was imposed. In addition, commission cannot be assigned based on free products. Therefore, commission cannot be implied in this case.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 am

joeantropy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 pm
It's also worth noting that OpenCart 3 has its own event-hook-based Language Editor in the admin panel specifically for this exact purpose (something I'm surprised event hook evangelist Straightlight is apparently unaware of):

It is recommended to use the Language Editor instead of modifying the language files directly if it is available in your OpenCart installation.
Who said that I was unaware? Languages can also be manually added with Event Triggers which is why I don't address that editor.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON