Post by kprdas » Sun May 22, 2022 11:40 pm

I recently installed opencart to build my own ecommercy website and have installed it using cpanel.
While trying to edit existing products or create new ones, i am not able to select the right manufacturer or category. I see the options i want to select once i type in a few keystrokes, but selecting the option has no effect.
I am able to set it by editing the mysql database but that seems to be very cumbersome and not practical in the long run.
Forum posts suggested re-installing / using paid addons as solutions, do you have any other suggestions for debugging this ?

I dont see any errors in my error logs, is there a system log i can check for UI errors ?

Post by ADD Creative » Mon May 23, 2022 11:32 pm

Check your web browser's developer console as well as both the PHP and OpenCart error logs.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon May 23, 2022 11:37 pm

The product edit page uses an autocomplete mechanism for the category or manufacturer selection, where you you have to type in the starting letters of the category or manufacturer name, it will then show suitable entries in a dropdown.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by by mona » Tue May 24, 2022 12:18 am

installed it using cPanel
If by this you mean some software provided on cPanel then I suggest you do re-install from the official download page https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download. Whether it is relevant or not would be impossible to know as it is impossible to be sure what you installed. There have been other issues.

Check on a different browser.
Check your php version.
Check as ADD Creative
No extensions are required to make the entry possible - As JNeuhoff

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member