Post by Joe1234 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:47 pm

Does opencart use something called "dynamic routing"? I need to know for a setting with my host caching system.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by modulepoints » Fri May 27, 2022 1:25 pm

Can you elaborate what you expect with "Dynamic routing" ?

Opencart Extensions || Opencart Premium Partner || OpenCart Upgrade Services, Opencart Customization Work, Opencart Website Development, Opencart Extensions related queries, support OR Please Email at: support@modulepoints.com for any kind question, support, help, etc.

Post by Joe1234 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:08 pm

I don't expect or want anything with it. I just need to know if that is how OC is built for this setting. The setting is to accelerate static content by bypassing apache to directly serve static content. They say wordpress multisite is an example of dynamic routing.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by thekrotek » Fri May 27, 2022 4:07 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:08 pm
I don't expect or want anything with it. I just need to know if that is how OC is built for this setting. The setting is to accelerate static content by bypassing apache to directly serve static content. They say wordpress multisite is an example of dynamic routing.
Use caching modules.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Fri May 27, 2022 7:47 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:47 pm
Does opencart use something called "dynamic routing"? I need to know for a setting with my host caching system.
It's hard to know what they mean by that - perhaps they mean everything runs through index.php and the routing is based on URL variables? If so then yes that is how OpenCart works.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 27, 2022 10:55 pm

I think he's talking about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_routing
This has nothing to with OpenCart as such. OpenCart is not a network router.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member