Post by pakchilweb » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 am

Hi, please anyone know if there is any other solution to access gmail smtp because they remove less secure app access. And please anyone has idea how to ON again gmail smtp.

Please be awear that if any person is using smtp gmail and he can not access order sales than they should know that this problem occurring due to smtp. we got this issue this moring.

Post by WaxedPerfection » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:33 am

https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... ur-account

Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn it on if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it’s not being used

https://www.waxedperfection.co.uk/ Car Detailing Product Blog's and Review's

Post by pakchilweb » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:57 pm

Thanks for your reply gmail smtp is best for by pass the emails from spam folder,,, but also google postmaster secure this problem too and it's allow you to use smtp.... thats my experience
IMRAN Chile

Post by eyagos » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:13 am

Go to google account > security - Signing in to Google - there should be an option to open "app password" though this option only activates when the 2FA is turned on. In this new menu select mail and it will generate the password for you which you will use in your OC website . Go to system>settings>mail and update smtp password to the one you copied from app password. That's it, no other changes. When this broke for me, couldn't finish orders and the ones that got through there were no notifications, they went into sales>missing orders. I hope this helps :D

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 am

eyagos wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:13 am
Go to google account > security - Signing in to Google - there should be an option to open "app password" though this option only activates when the 2FA is turned on. In this new menu select mail and it will generate the password for you which you will use in your OC website . Go to system>settings>mail and update smtp password to the one you copied from app password. That's it, no other changes. When this broke for me, couldn't finish orders and the ones that got through there were no notifications, they went into sales>missing orders. I hope this helps :D
I don't recommend this solution to anyone to apply...

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by halfhope » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:41 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 am
Why?

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 pm

halfhope wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:41 am
straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 am
Why?
For obvious security reasons ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by halfhope » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 pm
This is not an argument. For the same reasons - it will be insecure to use passwords, it is better to use a direct mental connection with the server. Sorry, but I don't see the obvious truth in your words. Google specifically introduces F2A when using app passwords.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:56 am

halfhope wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 pm
This is not an argument. For the same reasons - it will be insecure to use passwords, it is better to use a direct mental connection with the server. Sorry, but I don't see the obvious truth in your words. Google specifically introduces F2A when using app passwords.
Yes, exactly. Which is why, I don't recommend this solution. In the meantime, it's not F2A, it's 2FA.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by brandon7gr » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:35 am

eyagos wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:13 am
I had the same problem, I used this method and it works perfectly !
Thank you eyagos for the suggestion.