Post by peacemakers109 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:12 am

So we have a very complicated setup, in the USA we have 5 places we hold inventory and ship from, so we have custom software we are putting in to handle stuff.
Atm I dont see much in the lines of for example a direct API so looks like it would be editing the database no big deal.
The program is set to look at the Order History, pull orders that have been 'Processed' or paid for but not shipped yet, Status ID 15, pulls them determines what to send where and in all processes the data just fine sends notices to the proper places and good. But now we need to 'Update' the site info on those orders.
I see there is a lot of Duplicates so not sure just how many things we need to manualy update without breaking anything.
We in a sence need to update the Order itself, changing the 'Status ID' so that the program sees its been processed for shipping, ie changing to I guess Shiped even though not shipped yet, update the Product Inventory(stock) on the site, and then when the dispachers actualy ship it they send the tracking info.
Can someone point to a guide of what is stored where that is used for diffrent areas.
Such as if we update the 'Status' of a order in what tables does it all need edited/updated in
Is there is 'Status_ID' that would be better then saying its shipped if it hasent been processed yet, atm we are using Square, and as soon as the payment is done it sets the status to ID 15 Processed, and we dont want to set it to something that will tell the Square Cron job to reprocess the card purchase and double charge people.
Also can we 'add' a status id? Like we add a new one to say its being packed for shipping? I didnt see a option in the site admin, but do see the entry in the database for the ids just not sure if there editable safley or not

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm

You can add order statuses in System -> Localisation -> Order Statuses.

Look at addOrderHistory for what you should change when updating the status.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... #L344-L346

Payment extension shouldn't have an issue with different statues, but you would be best to check and test with the extension you are using.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:31 pm

peacemakers109 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:12 am
So we have a very complicated setup, in the USA we have 5 places we hold inventory and ship from, so we have custom software we are putting in to handle stuff.
It sounds like you need a developer.

peacemakers109 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:12 am
Can someone point to a guide of what is stored where that is used for diffrent areas.
It's quite hard to find a database diagram for OpenCart, as far as I know there isn't an official one.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom