Post by KanKan2022 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to prevent specified products from being returnable? I'd like most of my products to be returnable, but some products I need to prevent.
Thanks

Post by halfhope » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:32 am

Hi!

I have not yet seen ready-made solutions, but this can be done within an hour.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:58 am

OC version. Take note that declining products to be returned from online purchases can also increase the fact that customers can still keep the products by also contacting their payment service providers or their financial institutions to create dispute claims since they'd have no way to legally return their products to their rightful owners.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KanKan2022 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Thankyou for all the replies, I have something to think about. The products that I am referring to which cannot be returned are underwear and personal hygiene products and it would be stated as such before purchase, but I'll have to look into that payment dispute situation so thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:54 pm

If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Joe1234 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:23 am

As long as you clearly state in your policy which items are not returnable, preferably a link on the item stating not returnable, financial institutions will honor that and not issue a charge back. The only time you are required to take an item back is if it is defective or break the contract of sales (most likely meaning misleading marketing). Also, I think there is something about a 3 day cool off period which makes you take an item back within 3 days of purchase, but I don't think that applies to internet sales. Besides those there may be laws state to state.

Just state it clear on the product and you should be good.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:41 am

Joe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:23 am
As long as you clearly state in your policy which items are not returnable, preferably a link on the item stating not returnable, financial institutions will honor that and not issue a charge back. The only time you are required to take an item back is if it is defective or break the contract of sales (most likely meaning misleading marketing). Also, I think there is something about a 3 day cool off period which makes you take an item back within 3 days of purchase, but I don't think that applies to internet sales. Besides those there may be laws state to state.

Just state it clear on the product and you should be good.
The delay in days that applies to returned product policies may vary between shipping service providers in the meantime.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Majnoon » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:09 pm

Have a look into this extension if it does make sense to you.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=14603