Post by jrr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:38 am

I find that a a few of my customers are not receiving the email notifications (Notify Customer in orders) from OC 3.0.3.6, and others are. Could be spam filters of course...

Is there a way to test that the email configuration is working or would I be better off getting a marketplace email handler?

Thanks!

jrr

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:09 pm

This site is great for finding the reasons why email isn't getting through: https://www.mail-tester.com/

However, a lot of the reasons are pretty complex and might require a developer to fix.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:14 pm

jrr wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:38 am
I find that a a few of my customers are not receiving the email notifications (Notify Customer in orders) from OC 3.0.3.6, and others are. Could be spam filters of course...
This is absolutely normal. You will always have customers not receiving your messages due to different reasons.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by jrr » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:44 am

I was hoping for something like being able to flag emails with a Return Receipt or Delivery Status Notification such as is available with most email systems like Thunderbird, which is my preferred email handler.
Anyone see this as an option in extensions?
Thanks!

jrr