Post by glolar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:03 am

Hello all,

My store delivers to the United States only, and I have figured out how to hide the USPS shipping options if the customer's delivery address is outside the U.S. (See attached image).

However, the Pickup From Store option is still available, and it defaults to checked/selected (See the attached image again).

I need to have the Pickup From Store option to default to NOT SELECTED. If their delivery address is out of country, but they truly want to pick up the order at the store (maybe they are in the U.S. on vacation, who knows), then I need to show the Pickup From Store option. But it needs to be UNSELECTED as default.

Can anyone tell me the file I need to update, and what the change would be to the code to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

delivery-method.jpg

delivery-method.jpg (68.13 KiB) Viewed 879 times

Last edited by glolar on Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by halfhope » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 am

Hi!

Pick up shipping method doesn't support geo zones. Try to use other extension, which supports geo zones.

UPD: Sorry, I didn't look at the module code. Wrong, it supports geo-zones.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego

Post by glolar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:46 am

halfhope wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 am
Hi!

Pick up shipping method doesn't support geo zones. Try to use other extension, which supports geo zones.

UPD: Sorry, I didn't look at the module code. Wrong, it supports geo-zones.
Your post prompted me to look at the Pickup From Store shipping extension, and I changed the selected Geo Zones field from All Geo Zones to U.S. Shipping, and that fixed my issue. Now, if the shipping address is not in the U.S., then no shipping options are displayed (along with the error message), so that actually works perfectly for what I need.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Look at some of the Clear Thinking shipping extensions as they're so configurable, this is likely possible.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom