Post by ri2k » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:25 pm

I've been receiving some complaints from customers that they are not receiving order confirmation emails.

I placed a test order using my personal email and didn't see the problem. I received a confirmation email on my personal email as well as the admin notification.

I am trying to understand what the issue is. Could this be an SMPT problem?

Also, should I get a customer notification email extension? I have seen quite a few in the marketplace, would any of those extensions help?

Thanks in advance.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:24 pm

You don't need any extension. You will always have some customers not receiving their emails, because they go to junk or bounced by filters. Just keep this in mind and ignore complaints in the future. Not something which you can fix.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ri2k » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:00 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:24 pm
You don't need any extension. You will always have some customers not receiving their emails, because they go to junk or bounced by filters. Just keep this in mind and ignore complaints in the future. Not something which you can fix.
Thanks for your reply.
The thing is, I've received this complaint 3 times in a row, so it got me thinking if there's something wrong with my system files or something.
Is there a way I can test the notification other than placing a fake order?

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:11 pm

ri2k wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:00 pm
Thanks for your reply.
The thing is, I've received this complaint 3 times in a row, so it got me thinking if there's something wrong with my system files or something.
Is there a way I can test the notification other than placing a fake order?
Use an online email deliverability checker such as https://www.mail-tester.com/.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom