Post by frankpmjr » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:09 pm

I am getting hammered with CC testing and so far nothing is working. RecaptchaV2, V3, hcaptcha, etc. The bots break them all and place hundreds of attempted orders. REcaptcha V3 won't let me or my customers order but it allows 400 fake orders an hour later. I have never come across anything like this before. Anyone have suggestions, a similar thing happen, anything I can use? Ideally I would like to cut off someone from ordering after 2 failed attempts or something similar.

Thanks

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:46 am

The standard OpenCart reCAPTCHA only requires the it to be passed once per session. So as long as the bot keeps the session it can do as many as it wants. If the other captchas you tried were implemented in the same way, you could clear the session value to see if it helps.

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207560#p823368

Have you tried blocking the bot by useragent, if possible?

What payment extensions are you using? Maybe the flaw in with that and the bot bypasses the order part completely.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm surprised if bots can break Google's ReCAPTCHA so it's probably not implemented properly somehow.

You could try this though: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... er=antropy

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom