Post by MajorPain » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:52 am

I am not sure why, but some customers have no issues, and others tell me they can't get past the info area of the registration.
They are new customers, and they put an order in, and at checkout they register as a new customer.
They input their info and click the boxes "Same address as billing address", "Sign up for newsletter", "Accept privacy policy", and when they click on "Continue" the page just refreshes and doesn't advance. This was attempted by the customer on a cell phone so it might be a mobile issue only.
Any thoughts?

Other info is I am in Eastern Canada, and it happens with people from the US, and from Western Canada. Would it be part of the anti fraud blocking them?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:44 pm

What version of OpenCart and PHP? What theme and extensions are you using? Have you checked both your PHP and OpenCart error logs. Have you checked your browser's developer console for errors. Have you check you web access logs to compare and non working checkout to a correct one. Does the customer get added to the database customer table? Do they lose their cart contents?

The standard OpenCart anti fraud would not affect registration.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:45 pm

MajorPain wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:52 am
Any thoughts?
My thoughts are that you haven't told us anything about your install.

What OpenCart version?
What theme?
What extensions?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

If the issue is random, the only way to solve this is to try to reproduce it somehow and then ask someone to check. Random issues have random reasons.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by MajorPain » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Sorry forgot the details.

php - 7.4
Default theme
Same extensions for 2 years and seems this has just recently started.

I checked the error.log in the main directory and the admin directory and no errors yesterday.
Customer said he was on android phone.
I can replicate the to check browser for errors.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess if I come across further issues.

Post by Joe1234 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:09 am

Do you have an anti fraud extension since you brought that up? Which? If you suspect the issue is location/ip based, get a vpn and test out your theory maybe. They are relatively cheap, and you can go from there once you verify.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by parkookk » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:10 am

Hi, I have the same issue with OC3038, it was all working till the end of December and just realised there is a registration issue on my main site https://www.mediasos.co.uk/register and a custormer called and said that they are on the checkout but can't register, so I tried and even I can't register, with or without VPN.

In the admin>maintenance> error log I don't see any errors for today.

Any advice to get this working would be appreciate it.
Thanks

Location - london

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:29 am

parkookk wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:10 am
Hi, I have the same issue with OC3038, it was all working till the end of December and just realised there is a registration issue on my main site https://www.mediasos.co.uk/register and a custormer called and said that they are on the checkout but can't register, so I tried and even I can't register, with or without VPN.

In the admin>maintenance> error log I don't see any errors for today.

Any advice to get this working would be appreciate it.
Thanks
Compare catalog/controller/account/register.php to the one in storage/modification. That may help you find what has made the change that is causing the problem.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:07 pm

MajorPain wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:01 pm
Same extensions for 2 years and seems this has just recently started.
Perhaps your host made some changes, ask them to disable ModSecurity.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom