Post by novicewebdesigner » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

The Opencart "logo" was removed by my web designer. I no longer pay for the service, but I have a fairly good concept of the process (I added most of the footer info.) ANYHOW, as you can see, I've pretty well filled up my footer ;) Can I put the Opencart logo/info, and a copyright outside of the footer box? Thanks in advance. :)

Post by mcamca » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 am

The normal place for the copyright is under the footer at the bottom of the page!
To do this do following:
At very bottom of code in footer.tpl
Replace:

Code: Select all

</div>
</body></html>
with:

Code: Select all

<div width="980" align="center" style="background:#ffffff;padding-top: 5px;padding-bottom: 8px;">
<font color="#606060" face="verdana" size="-2"><?php echo $this->config->get('config_name'); ?></font>&nbsp;<font color="#606060" face="Verdana" size="-2">&#169;2011-<?php echo '' . date('Y') . ''; ?>&nbsp;</font><font color="#606060" face="Verdana" size="-2">&nbsp;&nbsp;All rights reserved</font></div>
<div style="float: right">Powered By <a href="http://www.opencart.com/" target="_blank">Opencart</a></div>
</div>
</body></html>
You can change background colour, font colour and other css to what you want!
The date of the copyright will auto update! A link to Opencart is included also!

Post by novicewebdesigner » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for getting back to me! Opencart provides professional software, and I definitely want to give credit where credit is due. I've been on other websites, and liked them, but there was nothing that indicated what they used to create them.