Post by namebox069@gmail.com » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:14 pm

[4.0.0.0] don t can delete products in admin on safari browser

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:38 am

namebox069@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:14 pm
[4.0.0.0] don t can delete products in admin on safari browser
Please provide your developers kit > console and network tab outputs as well as your server error logs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:42 am

Just for information. I do not think OC4 (admin) and safari do not work so good together. From start to finish.
There is a problem right from the installation (which may well be the issue). I have not gone into it in any detail and it may be certain safari versions, but safari is a problem, at least for me, generally.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:49 pm

by mona wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:42 am
Just for information. I do not think OC4 (admin) and safari do not work so good together. From start to finish.
There is a problem right from the installation (which may well be the issue). I have not gone into it in any detail and it may be certain safari versions, but safari is a problem, at least for me, generally.
The Safari browser has some serious bugs with regards to the HTML autocomplete attribute. Whether this causes problems for OpenCart I am not sure. Personally, I'd stay away from Safari.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 pm

Another reason on why the developers kit results should be posted in order to eventually find the root cause.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm

It was just a FYI comment - Safari and the current OC4 specifically. I have had no issues with Safari and OC1, OC2 or OC3. I make no comment on browsers - it was simply to ‘acknowledge’ the issues this user is having, and my thought was also to ’stay away from safari’ for OC4 at the moment, this is why I posted. There is an unconfirmed possibility that it it could be the installation itself - i.e. even changing browsers on a Safari (possibly specific versions) installed OC the issues could still exist.

There were some installation issues - failure to notify of the directory change for example (not the same as Qphoria - no notification), and then not being able to login to admin. I did not have any browser console errors that I remember, but I would not swear to that.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:08 pm

by mona wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm
It was just a FYI comment - Safari and the current OC4 specifically. I have had no issues with Safari and OC1, OC2 or OC3. I make no comment on browsers - it was simply to ‘acknowledge’ the issues this user is having, and my thought was also to ’stay away from safari’ for OC4 at the moment, this is why I posted. There is an unconfirmed possibility that it it could be the installation itself - i.e. even changing browsers on a Safari (possibly specific versions) installed OC the issues could still exist.

There were some installation issues - failure to notify of the directory change for example (not the same as Qphoria - no notification), and then not being able to login to admin. I did not have any browser console errors that I remember, but I would not swear to that.
Reason, yet again, to post the results since what you are specifically addressing about are issues with OC 4 and Safari used to work with OC1, OC2, or OC3 as you make no comment on the browser itself which means that it's something that needs troubleshooted in OC4 nevertheless ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 pm

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member