Post by OiP » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:31 am

Hello, how can plugin be updated to support compatibility with oc version 4.0

I want to update the oc version from 3.0.3.2 to the latest version 4.0.0.0 and i have models are not compatible with version 3.0.3.6 and up

OiP

Post by Johnathan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:51 pm

You'd have to ask the developer to update it for OpenCart 4.0, or hire someone to do it. OpenCart 4.0 works quite differently, so some things that formerly used ocMod may be difficult to update, so it might not be an easy task.

As a sidenote, OpenCart 4.0 has a lot of bugs and isn't ready for a live store. It's highly recommend you wait for OpenCart 4.0.1.0 (or later) to update your store. Also, you don't need to update unless there's some feature you want in OpenCart 4.0. You're perfectly fine sticking with OpenCart 3.0 for the foreseeable future.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OiP » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:20 am

Johnathan wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:51 pm
As a sidenote, OpenCart 4.0 has a lot of bugs and isn't ready for a live store. It's highly recommend you wait for OpenCart 4.0.1.0 (or later) to update your store. Also, you don't need to update unless there's some feature you want in OpenCart 4.0. You're perfectly fine sticking with OpenCart 3.0 for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the helpful advice, i will update to 3.0.3.8 until 4.0.1.0 is released.

I have above-average experience in PHP. can you guide me to a website where I learn how to create extensions for opencart, or a document with steps to update the compatibility?

I need to know how to update the extension files in order to be used in the OCMod installer.

OiP

Post by thekrotek » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:08 pm

OiP wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:20 am
I have above-average experience in PHP. can you guide me to a website where I learn how to create extensions for opencart, or a document with steps to update the compatibility? I need to know how to update the extension files in order to be used in the OCMod installer.
If you know how to code, then it won't be too hard for you to figure out how OC works. It's a pretty simple and straight forward framework. WordPress with all its billions of hooks and actions is much more complex.

OpenCart uses a generic MVC structure. I suggest you to download any free extension, unpack it and check how it is created. Usually, you have a controller, a model, language file and template. Data passed to template using extract() function. Controller calls the model, model does DB magic. Quite simple concept to grasp.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member