Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 am

1. After entering your shipping address, the payment method and shipping method dropdowns don't autoload. Have to reload the page before they show
2. After entering address, choosing shipping and payment, the confirm payment button never enables so I can't complete checkout

Administrator

Post by teamfunnels » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:49 am

Of course no one replies. And if they do, it's just to tell you not to use the version they list as the current release on their site.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:49 am

It's really of no use to play around with Prototype Versions, not only because just a handful of Extensions exist, but the OC Code itself seems to be far from finished yet. It only leaves users from getting frustrated, and that's not good for OC itself. :joker:

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by teamfunnels » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:16 am

Sure, but if it's a prototype version, then why is it the version they have you download on their home page?

Post by gjordan » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:00 am

Qphoria wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 am
1. After entering your shipping address, the payment method and shipping method dropdowns don't autoload. Have to reload the page before they show
2. After entering address, choosing shipping and payment, the confirm payment button never enables so I can't complete checkout
Same bug, same answer, same reply for my part, why not to put the note that the stable version is 3.8 and not said to everyone to download 4.1?, well at least now I'm sure this is a bug and not something I did

Post by by mona » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:32 am

Just for some clarity
teamfunnels wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:49 am
Of course no one replies. And if they do, it's just to tell you not to use the version they list as the current release on their site.
WE are not THEY

Qphoria is reporting a bug to the Opencart development team .. He explained how to reproduce the error to assist them.
It's Qphoria, say thank you for reporting it and he may well come up with the fix also ..

gjordan wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:00 am
Same bug, same answer, same reply for my part
That is because you were not reporting a bug, you were asking to be told a fix for your specific issue.

Instead of "shooting the messenger" you could search the forum before even asking the question ?

Yes, it has been suggested a number of times that adding 'beta' or something similar would be a good idea at this point .. but WE are not THEY, nothing WE can do about it, so the best advice we can offer today is use 3.0.3.8 (maybe next week it will change), there is a maintenance version available for php8 https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance.

Thank you to all the people who gave up their free time to offer a php8 version of Opencart (and Opencart developers for developing a platform that people can download for free and set up a shop !!) .. AND actually all those developers that spent hours / days / months creating modules sometimes free and/or at affordble prices so that it can be individually modified .. and and and ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by xlentez » Thu May 18, 2023 10:15 am

Hi! Is there an update or fix regarding this issues?

I'm now using opencart v4.0.2.0 and php v8.1
Upon checking the error logs, I found the issue:
`PHP Warning: Array to string conversion`

Any advice on this?
Last edited by xlentez on Thu May 18, 2023 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bogdanh97 » Fri May 19, 2023 7:29 pm

xlentez wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:15 am
Hi! Is there an update or fix regarding this issues?

I'm now using opencart v4.0.2.0 and php v8.1
Upon checking the error logs, I found the issue:
`PHP Warning: Array to string conversion`

Any advice on this?
Hi, literally ran into the same. What seemed to work for me is to go Extensions > Extensions > Payments and also turn on Bank Transfer. Before, I only had Cash on Delivery turned on.

Now, I have both Cash on Delivery and Bank Transfer enabled but can only see "Bank Transfer" when ordering.
Can see further issues such as the following error in the order confirmation email:

Code: Select all

Payment Method: Warning: Array to string conversion in /var/www/clients/client0/web10/private/storage/cache/template/1b/1b651aff57ced7d35c794ff002ab2be3.php on line 137Array
Hope we get some solution soon.