Post by Maansy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 pm

rph wrote:It looks like your error log is very large. You'll have to manually delete it by FTP.
error_log was 253KB. i deleted it, but error still appear on top.

ALL Templates :: 1.5.1+ Templates :: 50%-75% PRICE DROP ONLY at OpencartStuff.com

Post by jcmarchi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 am

Maansy,

Looks like your PHP is trying to allocate 52Mb extra over the 64Mb allowed on your configuration...

In most servers you can remedy such situations by adding a php.ini file on the root of your site with the following command inside:

Code: Select all

php_value memory_limit 128M
For servers who doesn't recognize local php.ini files in users directories, you can try adding this same line in the .htaccess file (also located on the root of the site).

As a last resource, after everything else fails, you can edit your index.php file (from OpenCart) and add a new line immediately after the line which says <?php, with the following

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
However, remember that depending on your hosting provider configurations it may affect the server capabilities as each PHP script will have a heap of memory reserved with the amount you set on this variable.

One good way to verify the ideal value (and which of the changes above are actually having any effect) is to create a file called myphpinfo.php in the root of your site with the following comand inside:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then you can call http://www.[your-site].com/myphpinfo.php to expose all your PHP configuration status. Look for the value of memory_limit and make sure it changes matching the php_value memory_limit you added as exemplified above. The "master" value should show the default one for your server (generally 64 Mb), but the "local" value (left column) must have changed to reflect the value you added on php_value memory_limit.

Important Note: After you are done with the adjustments remember to delete the file myphpinfo.php file (or, at least, rename it to anything else like myphpinfo.bak), as it exposes certain important information about your server that you don't want third parties to have access to.

I hope it helps. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Best Regards.

Julio Marchi
jcmarchi@gmail.colm

Post by Maansy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:01 am

thanks for your great reply. much appreciated.
i checked the php.ini of the server and i have these:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 64M

and

Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 64M

and

Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 64M

which one should i change?
Last edited by Maansy on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

ALL Templates :: 1.5.1+ Templates :: 50%-75% PRICE DROP ONLY at OpencartStuff.com

Post by Maansy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 am

i tried to edit .htaccess
i added to the very end:
php_value memory_limit 128M

but i got 500 error page
in same file it says:
### If you get an "Internal Server Error 500" after enabling any of the following settings, restore the # as this means your host doesn't allow that.

just notice thu. (tried to allocate 561175952 bytes)
isn't 561175952 bytes round up to 562 MB not 52 MB?

Post by Maansy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 am

thanks for the info.
one thing if you could bare with me.
regarding this error:
Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 561264827 bytes)
let me try to write to based on your explanation.
67.108.864 bytes = 67.108 KB = 68 MB is this correct?
561.264.827 bytes = 561.265 KB = 562 MB is this correct?

Post by jcmarchi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:19 am

Maansy,

Yes! You are right... I've miscalculated the number... :)

In this case you should change the memory_limit = 64M to memory_limit = 768M (in PHP.INI file)! :o

Yeah! It is too much... :choke: It should work, but something isn't right and before going for that I'd suggest you to think about alternative solutions!

It has just crossed my mind one hypothesis: maybe you have a lot of XML generating a lot of LOG entries... As a tryout I'd suggest you to disable or remove all XML from /vqmod/xml (leaving only the vqmod_opencart.xml) and try again before making changes on your PHP.INI file (of course, make a backup of the files before you remove them)...

TIP: To disable the VQMod XML files without removing them from the /vqmod/xml folder simply access the folder using a FTP software and rename each file from *.XML to *.XML_ (add an underscore on its extension, so you will be able to re-enable it using the VQM Manager later).

If disabling or removing the XML files fixes the issue, you may have to manually edit the INDEX.PHP file (from the root of your site) and change the line:

$vqmod = new VQMod();
to:

$vqmod = new VQMod(false, true);
It will make the VQMod only log errors instead of all operations, lowering considerably your memory usage and speeding up a lot the whole process of rendering the site.

I'd also suggest you to add the following line (if it is not present):

$vqmod->useCache = true; 
This will make the VQMod use the cached files always when there is no detectable changes on the XML files (better choice).

About the PHP Memory Heap, usually the PHP interpreter runs comfortably with memory_limit = 64MB, but depending on what else is running together with PHP (or by PHP), this memory heap can get exhausted or limited... So, raising it usually solves such issues, but going over 256M can be compromising in many infrastructures (especially on Shared Hosts, which will probably not even allow it). ::)

Please, notice that if you have a Dedicated Server (or a LAMPP/XAMPP installation), and the changes you are making are on the main PHP.INI file, you must restart the Apache service/daemon to apply the new values. Otherwise, if it is a local PHP.INI file (shared hosts, etc), it will be read and interpreted in real time when site is loaded.

Let me know if it fixed your issue.

Best Regards.

Julio Marchi
jcmarchi@gmail.com

Post by rph » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 am

Maansy wrote:
rph wrote:It looks like your error log is very large. You'll have to manually delete it by FTP.
Double check. The log you need to delete is /vqmod/vqmod.log. And yes, 561,264,827 bytes is over 500MB. You must have had errors for a very long time.

Edit: I've attached a hot fix for very large log files (OpenCart 1.5.x). Overwrite the contents with the upload folder.

Edit2: Fix is now rolled in with VQMM 1.0.1.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by rph » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

VQMod Manager 1.0.1 is out. This version includes handling for very large VQMod error logs.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Maansy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm

rph wrote:
Maansy wrote:
Double check. The log you need to delete is /vqmod/vqmod.log. And yes, 561,264,827 bytes is over 500MB. You must have had errors for a very long time.

Edit: I've attached a hot fix for very large log files (OpenCart 1.5.x). Overwrite the contents with the upload folder.

Edit2: Fix is now rolled in with VQMM 1.0.1.
I deleted vqmod.log and it's fine now. Thanks for the support :)

Post by chaiavi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi,

A RIPOFF of this mod had been created:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3745

The thief even copied the text EXACTLY word by word.

Hell - He even named it with the same name :laugh:

SO SAD...

He created 2 versions - one for 30$
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

He ripped off one of my plugins too but Daniel said that he only copied my exact description etc but not the actual code so it's cool with him...

A simple way (VQMod) of removing the "Powered by" From the emails and footer
Optimize and Speedup your open cart ( great for SEO )
List of all of my extensions

שיעורי וידאו חינם בשוק ההון

Location - Israel

Post by rph » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks chaiavi. He stole the name and description which is bad form (and pretty stupid since his version doesn't appear to have most the features listed) but the code is all his.

It does look like he's using alternate accounts/self-sales to pump his ratings and reviews on the pay version though.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Theft description is still theft. People should click the "Report extension" button at the top of the page.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Maansy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:30 am

Wouldn't COPYSCAPE prevent such thing from happening?

Post by bewitching » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 am

I am loving this mod !!
And the part that really helps me the most is the Error Log !!
I had a VQMod that just wasn't doing what it was supposed to, and seeing the error generated in the backend was an excellent time saver !
(MUCH better than having to go thru FTP and get the log! )

rph........ you ROCK ! :good:

Considering OpenCart once again :)

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 am

rph wrote:Thanks chaiavi. He stole the name and description which is bad form (and pretty stupid since his version doesn't appear to have most the features listed) but the code is all his.

It does look like he's using alternate accounts/self-sales to pump his ratings and reviews on the pay version though.
I've terminated him

Administrator

Post by hbg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi, is there any possibility that in an upcoming version, it can recognise if the VQmod file requires the template to be changed? I have been caught out a couple of times with the Extension not working correctly, and it's trying to remember which ones require this. Otherwise, the possibility of the VQMod Manager being able to change the Code from one name to another name.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by rph » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:25 pm

No.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by hbg » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:37 am

It's a great utility. Many thanks.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by rph » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:46 am

The simplest method of dealing with your problem is to just check the error log.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by phil-smiler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:02 am

Hi,
Please help i have installed this and it all looks great the menu shows what it should on the dashboard but when i add a category for the restricted access group i can only see it if i tick the retail customers box when i un-tick that and tick (in my case) salon only sales the category disappears, great but after signing into the store with a salon account the category isnt there at all??

Please advise

regards

Phil