Post by gavin m » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey,

Does anyone know of a 'Loyalty Scheme' module?

You know, the sort of thing where customers earn points for each purchase, these points are converted to currency and they can use it against future schemes.

For example, for every complete x they spend, they earn one point. Each point is worth y pence. During check out, they are told their total loyalty value and there's a check box for them to tick if they wish to use it against their current order.

So, say the 'x' was £1 and the 'y' was 2 pence (or $1 and 2cent etc), if they placed an order of £100, they would earn a total of 100 loyalty points which a equates to £2. They can then use this during their next order by checkign a check box some where in the check out process to reduce the total cost down, or they can keep saving to use on a later order.

Cheers

Post by DannyMacD » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:22 pm

the exact thing im after!!!.. if you have any luck let me know lol :)

Post by gavin m » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 am

Been toyign with doing it manually, but it just won;t work. Really need it working through the store.

So, if any one knows of one, or maybe there is one in development?

Post by gavin m » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Does anyone have something like this on their list of 'To Do' contributions?

Post by sgfx » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Because the members order history is stored in the data base. it would seam that a simple call to the Data base could provide the total spent (automatically adjusted for any refunded or canceled orders and such). Then you could simply give points based on total spent.

You may have to have some place to store the Value of spent points so they could be subtracted from the total points.

By basing the points off of the spent money you don't have to reinvent the wheel trying to add extra functions to keep count of all the points.

As far as being able to credit the epoint back to the customer that might take a little more programming savy.

One way would be to have the total point discount shown at check out with an option to ues the points. if they are used in part or full then subtract that from the product total before adding in shipping and such.

Post by Goober » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:11 am

Hi,

I have just finished Loyalty Points mod. Please review/test this mod on my test site.

Loyalty Points Test

You will need to register and make a purchase. After that view "Account" page to see Loyalty Points collected based on purchase value. The mod is configured to value points at .01 to dollar/pound. This value is managed from the Admin panel. The store admin is also able to manually assign points to any customer. Make a second purchase and you will be able to apply points value to discount the second order.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

The mod will be made available commercially following this testing period.

Thank you
/Goober

OpenCart modules and custom programming
Please visit site and store www.opencartmods.com
Demo Site

Location - New York, USA

Post by DannyMacD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:41 am

just testing this as i really want something like this :)

ok feedback:

like the way it works however..

1) is it possible when you are checking out with an item to see how many points it worth?

example on the checkout/confirm & checkout/cart page to show that if they place order then they will get X amount of points.

2) rather than saying please use 100 points and update the total, wouldn't it be easier saying that you have up to £x to use from your points, please enter an amount you want to use in £xx.xx then update? (this is on checkout/confirm page)

3) if you allocate the points there is no option to remove them once allocated to an order - lets say you want to use £10 on the order , then change your mind, once its allocated it cant be removed..

im sure there is more but thats the 2 main things that jump out at me :)

many thanks

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Great MOD, can't wait for it's release.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Goober » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 pm

DannyMacD wrote:just testing this as i really want something like this :)

ok feedback:

1) is it possible when you are checking out with an item to see how many points it worth?

example on the checkout/confirm & checkout/cart page to show that if they place order then they will get X amount of points.

2) rather than saying please use 100 points and update the total, wouldn't it be easier saying that you have up to £x to use from your points, please enter an amount you want to use in £xx.xx then update? (this is on checkout/confirm page)

3) if you allocate the points there is no option to remove them once allocated to an order - lets say you want to use £10 on the order , then change your mind, once its allocated it cant be removed..

many thanks
Interesting ideas. I will see if I could include them or some variation of the concept.

Thank you
/Goober

Demo Site

Location - New York, USA

Post by Goober » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 am

DannyMacD wrote:just testing this as i really want something like this :)

ok feedback:

many thanks
Hi,

I've updated the demo site with the latest "improvements" :)

give it a look and let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

thanks
/Goober

Demo Site

Location - New York, USA

Post by Donce » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 am

excelent..

when it is going to be released? :)

Post by cmebd » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Brilliant

I would be interested once released.

I would also find an additional option of providing the rates in the checkout page: ie. 10 [points] = X[cents/dollars]

Hope that makes sense?

cheers
Christine

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by nicudica » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 am

Hi,
I' think I'll be able to release this mod beginning next week.
Regards,
Nicu

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by Skyhigh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:29 am

Works well from what I can see.

What the Admin like? Is there Admin access for the demo?

- Are the rates configurable?
...such as £1 = 1 point / 10 points / 100 points?
...and 1 point = 1p / 10p / £100 ?

Can admins Add/Remove points from users too?
(say if theres a mistake with a purchase amount, or similar).

Is there any support for items which are "refunded", say if the buyer returns the item, and we mark the order off as "refunded" or similar, does it automatically remove the correct amount of points from the users account? Or do they stay on?

Great work :)

LoveMoissanite.com - Moissanite Rings - Proudly Powered by Opencart
[How To] Speed Up Page Content with Opencart - Opencart advocate since 2009

Post by nicudica » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking to add a new future to this mod:

If you buy x products accumulate x pints then the client can chose an free product, which will be seated up from admin.

Regards,

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by lowlands » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

Since people still seem to be working on this (much needed) plugin I want to make a few feature request that may or may not already be included.

Admin should be able to add points manually to an individual customer - provides a cross over between shops and a way to reward or compensate specific customers

Admin should be able to add points to a customer group - provides a way to say thank you or celebrate or promote.

Admin should be able to increase points overall (x2, x3) - provides an incentive for the holidays/Christmas/Seasons/Sales

Would be nice if these could be included.

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by gavin m » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Outstanding, I'm glad to see this is moving forward.

Looking forward to it arriving!!

Post by Miguelito » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:29 am

Haven't seen this mod in the contributions so is this already released or under contruction?

The Finnish OpenCart Forum
"Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."

Post by england4eva » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Anyone know what became of this?

Just tried to visit Goobys page but Microsoft blocked it stating it was unsafe?

Post by dramony » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Goober wrote:Hi,

I have just finished Loyalty Points mod. Please review/test this mod on my test site.

Loyalty Points Test

You will need to register and make a purchase. After that view "Account" page to see Loyalty Points collected based on purchase value. The mod is configured to value points at .01 to dollar/pound. This value is managed from the Admin panel. The store admin is also able to manually assign points to any customer. Make a second purchase and you will be able to apply points value to discount the second order.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

The mod will be made available commercially following this testing period.

Thank you
/Goober

Found a bug(typo) ;D :

Loaylty Points on module heading

cant wait...