Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:49 am

Test Version 0.99 will be ready for Project - Participants by End of this Week.
Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by cyclops12 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm

Are you planning on selling this and retiring ernie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 am

Well, Scrapyard Recycler would probably match better, for an aged born
Mechanic, still used, to fix something, instead of just throwing it away ... :laugh:
---
But, strictly from a User Point of View, nothing comparable exists anywhere,
when it comes to existing free Knowledge and Extensions. And for the Majority
of Users, no need exists, to get something, available only in later Versions, so,
why then make Life complicated, if one can do the same, just in an easier and
even simpler way ?! Not everybody needs an Offroader, to get a few Boxes of
Beer a week ...
---
But it's not the technical aspects, what makes things so complicated, it's more
the 'Structure', based on a steady flow of money, generated trough new Sales
and new Support. Dev's are aware of that, and eager, to create new Code, since
the old one most likely refuses, to still fully work with latest Editions.
---
When I came here, this Place was full of Fan's. They created community Versions,
like I did as well now. But since then, time has changed, just about comparable
with the Climate-Syndrome. Today, most everybody fears, to loose, if someone
still has that Community Feeling. It's all about Competition, to earn, as long as
the System still works. But that's a Dead-End Trail, because it only scares away
those, still willing, to share something with others, just for the fun of it.
---
But there is still Money to generate, one just has to care about. I won't, because
I am only a Mechanic, and I used to be a good Marketeer, but I'm not an Engineer.
So, I leave it those those, willing and able to generate some income out of it,
to serve Users, when it comes to paid Additions and Support. It's all OC anyway,
what's in it ... ;) :D
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:31 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:49 am
Test Version 0.99 will be ready for Project - Participants by End of this Week.
Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch
I was just wondering where or when are you going to release a bit more info...
For instance the pro version what does it come with? Cost? Will you provide links for all the compatible extension that used to be available even here in the market?

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:07 am

Well, OC Light will be available with the famous Merkent Bootstrap Theme.
It originally comes with a dark + brite Styleheet, selected by VqMod.
OC LIGHT Demo:
http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/ (Testsite, not always errorfree)
---
Oc V-Pro is an updated Version of PEKU's OC EDGE, just without OcMod, and it uses
partly slightly adapted default OC-2.0.x type Bootstrap Themes, like with the 'recurring
payment' sections removed.
OC V-PRO Demo:
http://www.ocshop.li/shop/ (Testsite, not always errorfree)
---
Both Editions require partly slightly modified Extensions, to match the Bootstrap Theme
Technology, whereby Merkent Theme Styles are a little different coded than OC-2 Themes.
Meaning, that minor changes might be required, to make 'standard' 1.5.6.x Extensions
work with one of those Theme Kinds, if an extension has some 'impact' on/within the
Front Side Bootstrap Theme Layout.
OC V-PRO Custom Themes might only consist out of a Theme header & footer File,
along with their specific stylesheets and scriptings. They also might contain additional
files, like a (reworked) product.tpl file, by mainly having the 'recurring' Code removed.
---
The Admin Section is still the same as before, and it can easy be replaced by any responsive
1.5.6.x Admin Theme Extension. One just has to add some links, to make all additions
accessable, already built into my OpenShop enhanced Admin Versions by default.
---
For Developers, it means, to check their Mods, and fix, what needs to be fixed, to match
those Bootstrap Front Layouts. It's usually sufficient, just take the 1.5.6.x 'OC Engine' files
of an Extension, and combine them with the OC-2.o.x type Theme Extension File(s), if one
exist, to then most like have a working new Mod for one of the Versions named above. ;)

Or then, rework an existing v.2.x Extension, but for that, one most likely also needs to rewrite
'Controller/...' Files in charge, to match the 1.5.6.x Controller Archidecture again. And that's not
so easy, if one is not a real OC Coder. Meaning, that it will limit the amount of those, just trying,
to make a fast Buck. Another advantage, in times, where already more Sellers than Buyers exist :laugh:
---
One could look at it as an OC Junior, proven solid, and specifically made for those, just looking
for an easy and solid Shop Solution, and lots of existing Help, to handle it. And everything on knowledge
already exists, Google is full of literature about it. And for Coders, it's easy, to stay in touch, just by adding
some new Mods for the Babies to their existing free or paid Extension Listings.

But I don't plan, to release all that Code, or even to sell, at least, if I don't have to. It's up to the Family, to
either get rid of 'political' feelings, or whatever keeps 'em, from accepting the reality of human behaviour,
especially when it comes to business. OC is sure NOT competing itself, by accepting and taking advantage
of what exists, at least not, as long as the Baby cannot beat the Oldie yet, when it comes to figures and facts.
---
OC LIGHT would have been released, but I got tied up with xxvirusxx's latest EDGE Github Release, and
I was forced, to recover my latest Edition somewhere on my Disks, to fix some still existing problems.
I will then send him that version, to make some changes in the EDGE Original. And my GitHub Site suddenly
refused to still fully work with my XP, but if I spend even more time on the PC, I risk to get divorced, and that's
really too much to ask for, so please be patient ... :laugh:

That's it, it's just a free donation, to say thanks. Take it, or fuck off, as our Chief in Command used to say ... :laugh:
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am

Ok I read your reply twice now and I got another couple of questions... Well one is more a doubt about misreading your sentence..

Did you say that you are still using Windows XP?? How old is the computer running XP?? :)

Now the second question is just to understand how to proceed from here..
Lets say that I want to run the version and theme of OC you have listed here as OpenCart V-PRO v.1.5.6.5.
Now I know that I can download James last release of OC 1.5.6.5rc, but from your reply it seem that your OpenCart V-PRO v.1.5.6.5 is something completely different, so again, where can people get it? I'm not asking from a developer point of view obviously, but from a consumer interest..
Or are those two demo site for developers only?
But I don't plan, to release all that Code, or even to sell, at least, if I don't have to. It's up to the Family, to
either get rid of 'political' feelings, or whatever keeps 'em, from accepting the reality of human behaviour,
especially when it comes to business. OC is sure NOT competing itself, by accepting and taking advantage
of what exists, at least not, as long as the Baby cannot beat the Oldie yet, when it comes to figures and facts.
If the above statement is all correct and I actually have understood it, then what are you offering here? You are not selling, you are not releasing.. What's left? I can see the concept, but if I can't do anything with it, what's for? I always thought that the idea was to have shop owners running your modify version of OC 1.5.6.5 including your modify extensions, but now I'm not so sure any more of what this thread is about..

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am
Did you say that you are still using Windows XP?? How old is the computer running XP?? :)
That's correct, and the last MS Upgrade Fix has been added (automatically) just a few weeks ago. They still have some POS Systems to take care of, and XP Users had some Ideas, to make it to be a POS, according to the ID found ... :laugh: I use some factory-downgraded Vista HP Compac DC7900 SFF PC's, and they work like Hell. ;)
---
Lets say that I want to run the version and theme of OC you have listed here as OpenCart V-PRO v.1.5.6.5. Now I know that I can download James last release of OC 1.5.6.5rc, but from your reply it seem that your OpenCart V-PRO v.1.5.6.5 is something completely different, so again, where can people get it?

Well, it's the same 'OC Engine' Code, only upgraded in the ROOT+Admin controller-sections by that (int) Routine in the Page Selection:

Code: Select all

$page = (int)$this->request->get['page'];
As well as using one of the popular PHP-7 compatible system/library/encryption.php Files, running in most all OC Versions. But then, PEKU modified other Files in his EDGE Version, and added some new ones, in order to make the OC ENGINE work with OC v.2.0.x type Themes. He even added OcMod, so, if one likes to go exclusive :laugh: , one only needs to rewrite the VqMods zu OcMods, and have it all in the DB, instead of using VqMod at all. But in my Versions, that OcMod Function has been removed again.
---
If the above statement is all correct and I actually have understood it, then what are you offering here? You are not selling, you are not releasing
I am offering the latest DEV Versions to Dev's, interested in participating in some ways. OC V-PRO will be sent to xxvirusxx by tomorrow, to enable him, to use some of the Code for his Version of OC v.1.5.6.5 EDGE, to make it available with latest found fixes. Then, I will prepare OC Light, based on exactly the same 'Engine', to make it available for DEV's as well. And if they are tested and approved, OC LIGHT and OC V-PRO will be available, in addition to xxvirusxx's 'latest' OC Edge Release on Github. My Versions will (only) be equipped with a range of most important freely available Extensions. And then, it's up to, whoever cares, to add his/her Cheese.

I have to do it this way, because I don't plan, to loose my face, if some problems occure, and I would be unable to fix them. It would not be worth it, and in my Country, we are kind of smallminded, when it comes to such. So, whoever likes a Dev Copy, let me know, if one is an identifiable Person, and already known, to part of the Crowd, I don't mind, to share, what I know and have about it. Including about 2150 free Zips, packed into 2 Files, ranging from 1.5.6.x to 2.1.x, containing, what possibly could be used, to create new Functions.

You see, I'm just about ready, but sure not, just to throw everything out onto the open and hidden 'ME TOO DEV' Scene ... :laugh: It's just no my thing !
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:50 pm

Completely understood mate..

I used to love XP and took me a while to switch to 7. Then I just went with the flow and now on 10 I'm just part of the flock...

Right. Now I understood where I went wrong.. I honestly thought you were going to provide the whole thing... the OC modified version, the OC modified extension and support all for a fee...

I will keep an eye on your developments...

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:01 am

I honestly thought you were going to provide the whole thing ... and support all for a fee
It was never my intention :crazy: , I was more looking for way, to still keep ton's of hard-earned
knowledge for a while, just partly coded in a slightly different form, to meet responsive Requirements
within the default OC2.+ Theme Standard.

And I am not a Coder, so, I know, how Newbies must feel, if confronted with a late release version OC,
and a Forum with Discussions, most only related to strange to them Problems with that Piece of Code.

But a Software can only be called 'free', if no paid Support is required, to fix it up, and make it work for
them in the first place. And because of that, a MUCHO more 'simple' Solution would probably meet some
requirements better, because, if they fail with an OC3, they won't come back to OC ever, after just having
wasted their time and nerves , likely even by trying to get Forum Help, in a minimal understandable way ... ::)

But as I said, it's not my Problem, and not my Business either. :D I'm just eager to see it work, in real, but
I'm too old, to start a new Online-Business, just to find out. :crazy: And a few others might use it, as long as it
works best, to then select from, what still exists, in a similar proven, simple, and reliable form.

It's strictly Business, I'm talking about, for those, who understand ... ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:23 am

The OpenCart V-PRO 1.5.6.5 Developer Version is now available at ;)
https://github.com/IP-CAM/
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am

The OC V-PRO Dev Version is now available at Github.com.
Last edited by IP_CAM on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:44 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am
The OC V-PRO Dev Version is now available at Github.com.
Thanks Ernie..

I just download it and I'll have a look at it the soon I clean up a bit the server (that's not much different from my desk ATM :laugh: )

47MB?? :o It must be packed with goodies. I was looking at the list in the Readme... Impressive mate!

Thanks for making this available to the public..

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:18 pm

It must be packed with goodies
Well, it still has some garbage in it too, style + scripting- leftovers from some Mods,
it was just not possible, to check on all that Code first. ::) That's why it's a DEV Release,
and not a final! :laugh: Great many Thanks to famous xxvirusxx for his 'final'
assistance, to get the Code onto Github, and checking it so far too. It makes Life much
easier, to know, that care will be taken in any case ... ;)

Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by johnp » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:17 am

I've had a play with this. It's very good and is surprisingly fast. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:56 am

You can get it in two days ! :laugh:

It would have been out for some time already, but I've lost a lot of time,
playing around with the OC2-themed V-PRO version lately. One should
never concentrate on different things at once, it only screws up the brain ... :crazy:

It's less complicated to handle too, compared to the OC2-themed editon, since
most else on Code is Stock 1.5.6.4/5_rc. The only disadvantage might be, that
one cannot use 3rd.Party Themes, without possibly loosing some of it's great
performance, or then be required, to rewrite some Theme Files a little, to make
'em match that much more 'unique' MERKENT way of 'combining' things.

But it also leaves one more chance to those, able and willing, to create
something new, out of existing Themes, using this genious and much simpler
way of creating Code, by use of 'global' Theme 'Inserts'. As by default, it has two
stylesheets, one in bright, and one in dark style, switchable by VqMod, and
Background Colors and/or Images as well as some section-color-settings can
be set in the Admin Section.

It's loaded with 3'000 Products, and about 1250 locked out IP's in the rather
-tide'n heavy- ROOT .htaccess file, sized 67.4 KB, in addition to the 'regular'
shop .htaccess, with 6.2KB size, just to have mentioned some brakes too ... :laugh:

That should be sufficient, to please some of those, just looking for an upmost
simple Shop Solution, based on widely known existing Wisdom and Code. But
we'll find out, if that kind of Market exists, that's the only thing, what's for sure ... :laugh:

And if not, who cares ?! I'm just a crazy old Nut, killing his surplus time ... :crazy:
Ernie :P :D
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:13 pm

And to round up this Topic, the free MERKENT-themed OpenCart LIGHT 1.5.6.5
is planned to be released within ~24 hours on https://github.com/IP-CAM
Ernie ;)
Test Site: http://www.opencart.li/light
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Unfortunately, we have some delay on the OC LIGHT Release, because the Grandma of -xxvirusxx-
passed away, and he had more important things to do, than taking care of OpenCart Software. But
the DEV-Download is ready, and I just successfully installed the latest Release on one of my Servers.
The Stylesheets are still 'under construction' in a few places, but most else is installed and ready.
After -xxvirusxx-'s Tests, the DEV-Version will be available on Github for further Tests.

Just to have you informed.
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Testings on php 7.4

Attachments

Screenshot_2020-02-26_12-07-12.png

Screenshot_2020-02-26_12-07-12.png (44.83 KiB) Viewed 6355 times

Screenshot_2020-02-26_11-41-54.png

Screenshot_2020-02-26_11-41-54.png (92.93 KiB) Viewed 6355 times

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:03 am

The Light Baby has finally been born :D
But it's only Light at the Outsite, the Inside is packed like Hell ... :laugh:
https://github.com/IP-CAM/OC1.5.6.5-LIGHT
---
OC LIGHT Download Installation Test Site:
http://www.opencart.li/light/index.php
---
Many Thanks to fabulous --xxvirusxx-- for the great Co-Operation!
Ernie
---
PS. BE AWARE, it's only a DEV Release v.0.99, a lot of additional Extensions are not fully tested yet!
Please note: If one wants to use the additional Tools, named s_xxx.php, the shop .htaccess
file needs to be temporarely disabled, it does not allow such Site Call's by OC LIGHT default !
---
---
Sorry -paulfeakins - , but after most widely beeing ignored around OC + DEV's anyway,
I sweetened my Feelings a little, by adding more Sugar to the Cake than planned originally ... ::) 8)
Last edited by IP_CAM on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Github OC LIGHT Update:
1. Install Database fixed, a no longer included Mod created an error during my
latest Test-Install, + Admin Access Data was reset to 'default' OC Access Credentials.
That's, what might happen, if a lot of Extensions are DB listed already ... ::)
2. The 'Cookiepolicy' VqMod was relinked internally, to avoid collision with other Mods.
It can also be made linked 'cookiefree' again, by adding an HREF-URL to the Script-Links.
https://github.com/IP-CAM/OC1.5.6.5-LIGHT
---
Site test, after changing the image links to 'cookiefree' in the ROOT
config.php file in my latest Test Installation:

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland