Post by zicot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:42 am

we very very very ,,,,,,,,,need this (Customer ability to upload images!) ,,,,, thanks

Post by DLeon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 am

Hi! I think this is a very needed feature.. And let me tell you is not just for t-shirt makers, I have a lot of ways this can be useful for me and my store.. but I don't need the whole customization thing, I just need to upload the images (yes, images, more than one) and I need it for two products..

Any progress on this mod?

Post by DLeon » Fri May 28, 2010 3:43 am

Any answer to this?? nobody? :-\

Post by airbrushbycurto » Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Ok so I am a part of this delema.. I am trying to put together a custom airbrush t-shirt site and I am finding this site real tuff to work with. This option would for sure be great to add to my custom airbrush orders, where a customer could upload their images so I can recreate in airbrush.. I also have an issue with the options and layout for the whole site.. It seems to me it is not the right template for my buisness. Is there a better template? I have been running around this for a year with the customer support for my site and still have not been able to take one lousy t-shirt order. Can anyone help or give advise I beleive I am using version 1.3.2 but not 100% sure.

Post by airbrushbycurto » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Nicu This I believe is exactly what I need. I have an Airbrush T-shirt and Apparel co. and this could be a "Build your own T-shirt" option to add to my site.. is it available and how much?? can I use it with OC 1.3.2 or will I need to upgrade?

Post by inubis112 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:08 am

Hey nicudica,

any update on the project? do you have a proposed release date? and what do you expect to be charging for this mod?

looks great and thanks for sharing!
-Inubis112

Post by alex.lin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks for sharing... it is a nice idea~

Opencart Developer

- http://www.cnopencart.com opencart中文站

Post by nicudica » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 am

Hi!

Sorry for my late answer for this mod which was quite difficult to finish counting that other projects are running simultaneously of course not just open carts mods, what I'm sure its that module will be done.
The cost will be very affordable.

Hope to be done till the end of this month :(( (don't shut me please).

Best regards and stay on - my new website its almost done.
Nicu

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by inubis112 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 am

Sounds great!

Thanks for the update, and i look forward to checking the mod out once it's finished.

Post by visnetmedia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 am

Yes this sounds great - a feature I can use too! Please let us know when it is available.

Post by gums » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 pm

I have been wait for upload faction for almost 2 years. please add it for us.

Post by inubis112 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:08 am

Ok, well this thread has been up for a year with no real updates, or a completed module.

So I guess the call goes out. I am interested in paying, anyone interested in creating this module. I’m also posting the request in the commercial section for any interested.

I’m not opposed to releasing the module to the community once it’s developed, so if anyone’s interested in contributing to hiring a developer (as it looks like many are) feel free to post (http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=88) and maybe we’ll get someone on board quickly.

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:20 am

inubis112 wrote:Ok, well this thread has been up for a year with no real updates, or a completed module.

So I guess the call goes out. I am interested in paying, anyone interested in creating this module. I’m also posting the request in the commercial section for any interested.

I’m not opposed to releasing the module to the community once it’s developed, so if anyone’s interested in contributing to hiring a developer (as it looks like many are) feel free to post (http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=88) and maybe we’ll get someone on board quickly.
don't understand what's wrong with the mega global options commercial mod if you are willing to pay?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by cmebd » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 am

alreadymade.com Has this module - for 1.4.7/8 there is a complete package for Global Attributes that contains the upload facility.

Cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by inubis112 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the quick responses; my site already has upload functionality. What I’m looking for is the ability for my customers to manipulate the image after the customer uploads it to the site.

Here’s an example: http://www.shirtmockup.com/

I’m looking for a module that can do this not only for t-shirts, but for any product image that I upload. My understanding is that neither the mega global options, nor the product text, file upload and more options modules can do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Inubis112

Post by sbstech » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:38 am

nicudica wrote:Hi!

Sorry for my late answer for this mod which was quite difficult to finish counting that other projects are running simultaneously of course not just open carts mods, what I'm sure its that module will be done.
The cost will be very affordable.

Hope to be done till the end of this month :(( (don't shut me please).

Best regards and stay on - my new website its almost done.
Nicu
Do you think, you will be bale to share your work soon?

Post by unknownmale1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm guessing this never got made?

Shame, This would have been great.

Post by flickaclip » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Uploads are one thing... and already covered by the global mega options from Allreadymade.

What this thread is about is image manipulation on the backend to make use of uploaded photos.

This will always need to be customised for each site and in most cases for each product (e.g. wrapping an image onto a mug), or making it look "creased" on a T-Shirt.

I have done exactly this for my own site - with videos. The customer uploads a video and sees a photo-real preview of a flicker book.

So, it can be done, but it is bespoke. You may find a developer willing to do it for free or low-cost but it's a lot of work (it took me a couple of weeks to get my book preview working). If anyone wants this and is willing to pay for development time then contact me via the site contact form.

Flick Books from your video clips at http://www.flickaclip.co.uk

Post by readyman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:31 pm

I've added hidden input fields that are dynamically updated on request. ie. through GET, POST or REQUEST to an input field which is a text based option that is attached to a product.
*Someone* was building a flash based tshirt editor for opencart and they needed this functionality in global mega options to capture some of the text based options being produced by the flash movie.

I can already update text based on custom text that's easy. So if you want a line of text on top of a tshirt, that's simple.
But the layering of items on top of each other, dragging, moving, then capturing the result would be a little more involved, and I can't see a non-flash solution doing this without a lot of effort.

But let me say this... if you've seen it done, and it works as a static version, send it to me and I'll add it in!!!

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 am

I have purchased and installed Global Mega Options for this feature and it seems to be working well most of the time. I have a few questions about it though.

1) is there a default size limit on uploads through GMO? For filesize greater than 2 or 3 mb, GMO still creates the folder but does not seem to put the image into it.

2) is there a way to show an upload progress bar instead of just a spinning gif? Novice users seem to be missing that gif and not realizing when the photo is done uploading or not.

3) is there a way to make it easy to access the uploaded photos? Maybe to have it sent to a photo gallery or something?
It shows the uploaded photo name on the order & invoice but only in plain text instead of a link or url.
Right now I access them through FTP.

This OC (1.4.9.1) install is to sell custom printed items like bags, keychains, mugs etc.
My goal is to have customers
- upload 1 photo per item ordered
- input text to be printed
- be able to see a progress bar while uploading
- be able to preview the image to make sure it uploaded properly
- be able to preview inputted text, formatted as submitted (on the order/invoice it only shows inputted text unformatted on one line, no line breaks etc.)

I must say that using GMO to set up options for text input, font choice, color choice, size and photo upload, and apply them broadly, has been a good experience so far. It really made things easier and saved me a lot of time! Thanks for a great module!